Has anyone tried natural skin care recipes for the face?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know there are all kinds of websites with recipes for your face such as masks, moisturizers etc. I have sensitive skin so I was wondering what your favorite recipes are, ones that are gentle for the face. Thanks!
smile.gif

Since I bought my Aritha powder and Rose petal powder, I mix a teaspoon of both and mix with squeezed lemon juice, then apply it to my face. You can add a teaspoon of any oil of your choice to prevent dryness. Leave until it dries and then wash off. Aritha powder is a natural cleanser.

I'm trying to go to all natural and would love to hear experiences with recipes

Here is a great mask for sensitive skin. I have not used this one personally, but I know a friend who uses it as she has very sensitive skin and some store bought products are too harsh for her. I have a combination skin, so I use some other things.

Here you go... easy, natural mask for sensitive skin:

You need:

Half a tablespoon of honey

Half a banana

a quarter cup of cooked oatmeal (cooked in milk)

1 free range egg yolk

Mix all together and apply to clean skin. Leave on for 15 - 20 minutes.

*link deleted*

below is an amazing recipe for a natural face mask for sensitive skin that give awesome results with no harm to the skin.

Face Mask of Aloe Vera and White Clay

2 tsps of Aloe Vera 
1 tspn of White Clay

Prepare a mixture of these two ingredients in a small bowl and add 1-2 drops of honey for moisturizing effect. 

Apply on your face and rinse off after 10 minutes with lukewarm water.

an easy quick one i do once in a while or when i feel tired and my face needs some refreshing.

about one spoon yoghurt, add a spoon of oatmeal , drops of olive oil (because i suffer from a dry face), and 2 drops of lemon.

mix them together, apply on face, wait till it completely dry then wash with warm water, or before letting it completely dry, you could scrub a little, but not too much.. then wash off with warm water.

i feel wonderful after this :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> always lifts the mood up, and removes all stress..

I love this one.  I would pulse the oatmeal in a food processor to make it into flour.  It leaves an amazing feel to your skin after you wash it off.  I don't get the same effect from large chucks of oats however.  

Originally Posted by Doya G /img/forum/go_quote.gif

an easy quick one i do once in a while or when i feel tired and my face needs some refreshing.

about one spoon yoghurt, add a spoon of oatmeal , drops of olive oil (because i suffer from a dry face), and 2 drops of lemon.

mix them together, apply on face, wait till it completely dry then wash with warm water, or before letting it completely dry, you could scrub a little, but not too much.. then wash off with warm water.

i feel wonderful after this :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> always lifts the mood up, and removes all stress..

I use a 1:1 mixture of sugar to honey with a couple drops of extra virgin olive oil.

Makes an awesome scrub that I use on my face, hands and feet. My skin looks and feels awesome afterwards. You can also substitute the sugar for sea salt if you want something a bit more coarse.

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love this one.  I would pulse the oatmeal in a food processor to make it into flour.  It leaves an amazing feel to your skin after you wash it off.  I don't get the same effect from large chucks of oats however.  

ooh then i will definitely try your way.

I found out that the colloidal oat in Aveeno is just finely ground oats (oat flour). 

ooh then i will definitely try your way.

I like using chamomile or products that contain chamomile.  It is great for calming the skin.

Nice tips!!!!

Thanks for sharing this with us.....

Latest posts

Back