Have you ever had a date with a man that you met online ?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been asked to go on a date and am very unsure about whether i should go or not.

What do you think ?
icon_rolleyes.gif

Hi, Donna. This is a tough question especially with so many psychos out there (well at least here in NYC). I've had stalkers in my life and its no fun! Overall, I think you will be the best judge of this. You say you are very unsure, maybe you should consider this. How long do you know him for? How well do you know him? If you do decide to do it, please let us know, I'm quite curious and BE VERY CAREFUL!

Ooh the girly gossip lol I have been talking to him for about 1 month and he is a babe to look at. He is divorced with 3 kids and a good job. He lives about an hour away from me and he has asked me to meet him in the city , in daylight on Saturday. We have talked on the phone but it still makes me a little wary as he is a little bit "full on". I have been honest with him and said lets just see what happens and have made it clear that i have no intention of jumping into bed with him and he respects this. When i say he is full on, i mean as in he seems quite smitten by me and i dont know what he is expecting to see lol. I will let you know what happens but maybe in a PM.

Woohoooo sounds like fun!! How exciting.......I remember those single days....those were the days......j/k I love my SO and wouldn't trade him in LOL. Ok so a month is not too bad, he is eyecandy so that is always wonderful LOL Now re divorce, please please please make sure he is divorced. I went through an experience which I wont get into now but men do LIE and it can be a devasting experience! Well it seems harmless if its in daylight on Sat. I think you know what you are doing. Please do PM me and give me the scoop.

Originally Posted by donnamaryuk Ooh the girly gossip lol I have been talking to him for about 1 month and he is a babe to look at. He is divorced with 3 kids and a good job. He lives about an hour away from me and he has asked me to meet him in the city , in daylight on Saturday. We have talked on the phone but it still makes me a little wary as he is a little bit "full on". I have been honest with him and said lets just see what happens and have made it clear that i have no intention of jumping into bed with him and he respects this. When i say he is full on, i mean as in he seems quite smitten by me and i dont know what he is expecting to see lol. I will let you know what happens but maybe in a PM.

Ok sounds like he wants sex. How bout you bring a friend.... I mean you know... to dinner with you... errrr ... travel in two's.

I know a couple who met at match.com. I would not go alone on this date. NOPE! NEVER.

If he is their for a relationship, you will know. If he is there for sex only, that will be apparent as well.

Be wise!

Originally Posted by donnamaryuk I have been asked to go on a date and am very unsure about whether i should go or not.What do you think ?
icon_rolleyes.gif

Check out his story before hand if possible..If he says he's divorced,tell him you want to SEE the papers,meet in a very public place,don't give too much info about yourself and I agree with Cali..bring a friend if possible..Hey it could be that he's a great guy but I don't trust people in general..LOL

Not only have I met and dated, but I married the man I met online!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Go by your instincts, and move as slowly as you want to. But yes, it can work.
smile.gif

Hi Donnmaryuk,

I suppose it must be difficult to make a judgement on someone you haven't yet met, and it wouldn't be fair to label this guy on other people's bad experiences. I would imagine there have been thousands of dates that have gone well and lead to something worthwhile. The only advice i can give you would be to trust your instincts with this guy, and if you are going to go ahead and met him, then make sure you tell someone where you are meeting him, and what time you will be home.Make sure you meet in a neutral place where you will be safe in numbers. I supposed its good he would like to meet you in daylight (which tells me sex isn't the first thing on his mind) but you can never be sure. Perhaps the reason you are not sure if you are doing the right thing is because deep down inside you might have your own doubts. Whatever you decide to do, make sure you are safe, and have enough money to get you home. I hope that whatever happens you have a nice time and are safe. Good Luck, and let us know what you have decided to do
smile.gif

Oh thats so nice of you to reply. He called me last night and again this morning at 7.30. Sounds like a nice guy on the phone and i am going to meet him. I am very streetwise and will keep my wits about me. I went out last night and he wanted to know what i was going to wear, i asked him why he wanted to know and he said so he can figure out whether im a dressy person or casual so i told him i was wearing pink wellies and a boiler suit lol. He has a very dry sense of humour and is quite a laff.

Good call, candy! Your advice is right on the money. It's smart that you point out a very probable underlying concern - "Perhaps the reason you are not sure if you are doing the right thing is because deep down inside you might have your own doubts." I agree with your thoughts. No matter where you meet a chap and if you've never even met him face to face, if you have doubts, then you have them for a reason. donnamaryuk, if the only reason you come up with for not feeling secure in meeting this guy is because you've never met him in person and the way you met is online, then you should be fine. Just be as cautious as you would with any new guy. If you're feeling concerns that stem with how often he calls you, or if some personal info about himself doesn't seem to add up...then you have good reason to feel concerned.

Good luck!

Originally Posted by donnamaryuk Oh thats so nice of you to reply. He called me last night and again this morning at 7.30. Sounds like a nice guy on the phone and i am going to meet him. I am very streetwise and will keep my wits about me. I went out last night and he wanted to know what i was going to wear, i asked him why he wanted to know and he said so he can figure out whether im a dressy person or casual so i told him i was wearing pink wellies and a boiler suit lol. He has a very dry sense of humour and is quite a laff. Ok Bring your knife and store an automatic rifle in your thigh highs.
0012image3.jpg

yes indeedy. october 1 is our 5 year dating anniversary.
smile.gif

i think everybody just about covered it, so be safe and have a good time!

Originally Posted by Californian Ok Bring your knife and store an automatic rifle in your thigh highs.
0012image3.jpg

I aint going now. This bloke has been calling me at strange times and wont answer his phone so i have suspicions and i have been right in having them .I told him last night that i have no time for time wasters and i wont be meeting him if he refuses to communicate with me before i meet him properly. He came over all sweet and asked why i was so suspicious etc and tried to turn it around as if i had a problem. I told him that its a natural response to someone who is playing elusive as i am not bad looking and can get anyone i want. I said im very choosy and i have a feeling that he is married. I was getting texts from him in the middle of the night , like 3am, and telling me how he wants to fall in love and that he hopes we fall in love etc and then when i texted him back he ignored all of my text messages and didnt answer.

I think i have had a lucky escape here. He also started to ask me what i was wearing etc when i go out with my friends and asking if i was wearing a crop top lol. I am 39 not 19 and wear jeans and combat trousers with boots and t shirts most of the time . He also asked me in another text if i had met any men when i had gone out and he showed jealous tendencies and all this before i met him lol.

Oh well, back to the drawing board
icon_eek.gif
icon_lol.gif

Thanks for all your excellent advice on here, you might have saved my life
eek.gif

Wow! Now this has been a great read! Soap stuff. Glad you decided NOT to go out w/ this guy.

By the way, what is a CROP TOP?

Originally Posted by donnamaryuk

I aint going now. This bloke has been calling me at strange times and wont answer his phone so i have suspicions and i have been right in having them .I told him last night that i have no time for time wasters and i wont be meeting him if he refuses to communicate with me before i meet him properly. He came over all sweet and asked why i was so suspicious etc and tried to turn it around as if i had a problem. I told him that its a natural response to someone who is playing elusive as i am not bad looking and can get anyone i want. I said im very choosy and i have a feeling that he is married. I was getting texts from him in the middle of the night , like 3am, and telling me how he wants to fall in love and that he hopes we fall in love etc and then when i texted him back he ignored all of my text messages and didnt answer.

I think i have had a lucky escape here. He also started to ask me what i was wearing etc when i go out with my friends and asking if i was wearing a crop top lol. I am 39 not 19 and wear jeans and combat trousers with boots and t shirts most of the time . He also asked me in another text if i had met any men when i had gone out and he showed jealous tendencies and all this before i met him lol.

icon_eek.gif
icon_lol.gif

eek.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Wow! Now this has been a great read! Soap stuff. Glad you decided NOT to go out w/ this guy. By the way, what is a CROP TOP? Tone..Crop tops are half shirts(usually midriff baring)

What do you mean invent themselves?? I'm a tall, dark, handsom guy that is NOT balding...and I DON'T run a beauty site no matter what anyone says

wait, shit, my avatar gives me away!!!
icon_cool.gif

lols

Originally Posted by Irishgirl

Nope..I wouldn't either just because of the possible dangers..If I decided to meet a person that I met online; I would insist on meeting in a VERY public place for starters..Maybe I am paranoid but it seems like anyone can invent themselves on the internet.

ROFL, Wow Tony, i had no idea you ran a salon, i have just come back from mine and had the hair cut and nails done and a facial. My hairdresser is such a gossip and i was telling him all about this guy, he said i did the right thing. I have just had 4 inches of hair cut off and i look like Joan Jett now lol, have gone for the textured spikey look and my head feels as light as a feather which it is as my brains gone soft lol. Do you own a Beverly Hills salon ? I want gossip from the hollywood hills and i will give you gossip from the English suberbs lol.

Originally Posted by donnamaryuk I aint going now. This bloke has been calling me at strange times and wont answer his phone so i have suspicions and i have been right in having them .I told him last night that i have no time for time wasters and i wont be meeting him if he refuses to communicate with me before i meet him properly. He came over all sweet and asked why i was so suspicious etc and tried to turn it around as if i had a problem. I told him that its a natural response to someone who is playing elusive as i am not bad looking and can get anyone i want. I said im very choosy and i have a feeling that he is married. I was getting texts from him in the middle of the night , like 3am, and telling me how he wants to fall in love and that he hopes we fall in love etc and then when i texted him back he ignored all of my text messages and didnt answer.

icon_eek.gif
icon_lol.gif

eek.gif

I had that feeling when you wrote that he'd asked what you were wearing. Always follow your intuition! Man, even if you were dead-ugly you could do better! Looks has NOTHING to do with it! LOL. Good call.

Tc and be choosey!!

hhbeware.gif

Amen to what Cali said. I've met a few duds online, but then again, I met the love of my life, too. You just never know, but you need to be safe!
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back