HAve you heard of Retin A?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am wodering if you have heard of Retin A? They recoomend me Retin A for my acne. to order it with Medicines Mexico.

I know a little. It's vitamin A or a derivative of vitamin A. It helps increase cell turnover, getting rid of older cells and replacing with new. As it does this, it helps unplug the pores which is why it works so well on acne. I understand that your skin may look worse before it looks better, so you have to be patient with it. It might take weeks to see improvement and months to clear your skin. Your skin will be sensitive, dry, and flaky while using it. So you have to use gentle products and a good water based moisturizer. You will also be very sensitive to the sun, so always use sunblock while using it.

Are you in Mexico? I don't understand why your doctor would have you order from a Mexican pharmacy otherwise.

I've been using Retin A for years. Definately DO NOT order this product from an internet site.

It is a prescription that can cause many side affects.

Always fill this prescription at a pharmacy where a pharmacist can assist you with proper information.

Originally Posted by DonnaJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Are you in Mexico? I don't understand why your doctor would have you order from a Mexican pharmacy otherwise.

Because it is significantly cheaper. I have ordered Retin A multiple times from MedsMex

Do you still need a prescription? Or is it over the counter in Mexico? I'm wondering if that is what she is doing, trying to order without a prescription, and that concerns me. I'd like to know that she gets some guidance from her doctor or pharmacist or both while using it. I just know that there can be some serious side effects. I've heard that women who are pregnant, may get pregnant, or are breastfeeding shouldn't use Retin A, for one example.

You don't need a prescription to order from Mexico. I don't know what the OP's intention is. I am not sure if the recommendation came from a doctor.

Well, Martha, I hope your doc is just trying to help you save some money and will be there to explain everything to you. If not, make sure you find out as much as you can before you go using it anyway. There are many sites on the internet that will tell you things like drug interactions, any warnings, how to use correctly etc and you really should take the time to read up at the very least before you start using Retin A.

It's recommended not to wax anything on your fax if you're using RetinA.  Just a heads up since many salons don't ask before they wax if you're on RetinA.

I wanted to order Retin-A and/or Isotretinoin from foreign pharmacies multiple times when I didn't have health insurance but I'm glad I never did it. Meds like that are prescription for a reason, and you don't know what they put into the pills you ordered somewhere. Best case, they work... worst case you will end up with an enormous doctor or hospital bill... or worse. Don't do it, seriously. Rather try to fork out the extra money or get mini loan or SOMETHING, but don't go order medicine online.

Just my 2 cents!

Latest posts

Back