Headaches/monthly cycle

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Do any of you gals get severe headaches a few days 24-48 hours before your cycle. This is starting to be a trend with me. any input
icon_confused.gif

Once I got off BC, I started getting really bad PMS. The only thing I found that helps is Wild Yam extract. I start taking it about a week before my period and I haven't had any headaches, bloating or cramping anymore.

Originally Posted by envymi Once I got off BC, I started getting really bad PMS. The only thing I found that helps is Wild Yam extract. I start taking it about a week before my period and I haven't had any headaches, bloating or cramping anymore. Thank you so much envimi, I will try this!!

You're lucky if that's all they last for! I get them off and on a few DAYS before and AFTER! Isn't that just wonderful! LOL
icon_rolleyes.gif
I get migraines normally - but during that TOM, I'm usually always with a headache.

Originally Posted by wvpumpkin Do any of you gals get severe headaches a few days 24-48 hours before your cycle. This is starting to be a trend with me. any input
icon_confused.gif
Hi wvpumpkin, I get a severe headache for 24-48 hours before my period starts and it seems to go away when it comes on. Ive had this for as long as i can remember,it almost feels like pressure behind the eyes and in the head.I am sure the headaches are caused by hormone levels falling. Maybe you could take some painkillers before the headache gets really bad. I often have to lie down in darkness and quietness and everything seems louder and brighter.

I hope you can find a way of controlling your headaches. I know a lot of people are against taking medication unless they have to but there are other things coming on the market to control pain.You can gets something called Forehead which is like a patch you place on your forehead to relive pain.The tens machine's are becoming more popular as is the tens pen's (something do do with an electrical pulse) for pain relief. Also it might be worth talking to your Dr about your headaches if they are really bad and painful.

Good Luck.

Originally Posted by wvpumpkin Do any of you gals get severe headaches a few days 24-48 hours before your cycle. This is starting to be a trend with me. any input
icon_confused.gif
Yes I do and sometimes I start to feel sick almost like I wanted to pass out.. the only thing I take is Pamprin..which helps a lot!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Naturally Headaches ..among other things ...are VERY common before, during and after our cycles because our hormones are usually out of whack. Wild yam extract is a natural phyto-progesterone and will help balance those hormone levels ....also using a natural progesterone cream is good too. Make sure you don't fall into the wild yam scam ..many are treated with Pesticides ..so make sure you use something that is NOT treated or cultivated with pesticides. Yes! Please, before you go buying any kind of natural or herbal supplement, make sure you do a little research on it and don't just go buying things because one person told you to try it. Check with your own DR or a licensed naturopathic physician, especially if you have any health concerns. And always make sure you buy from reputable brands that don't add fillers or unnecessary chemicals, don't just go for the cheap stuff.

Yes- I tend to get migraines either day or so before and 2 days after. I take excedrin and try to lie down if it is at night. Also taking a short 10-20 minute nap helps too. (my lunch hour). There really isnt anything that I can do to make them go away I have had this happen to me for years. However, when I was pregnant I did not have a headache for the entire 9 months. Go figure?? It was absolute heaven-except I had other problems like 9 months of morning sickness
icon_biggrin.gif

i get really bad migranes 2 days before, through out my period and 2-3 days after..non stop.. no letting up at all.. its horrible.. nothing seems to work to get rid of it.. i use imatrex but it hasent been workinga s good

Yes, I also get migraines before my period. I am currently using Relpax and it works very well for me. Since I've been taking calcium and extra magnesium they have lessened and aren't as severe.

I myself dont get migraines just before my period but I was watching a programme this morning and the dr on it said if you get migraines before or during your period, and you are on the pill you should visit your dr because you may need to change to a different one.

Yes, I just had a terrible migrane! I'm on my period, and last night I got the worst migrane + cramps. This morning, the migrane was "dulled" a little, but still in PAIN. I had to miss school today b/c of it. I feel like complete sh*T!

Latest posts

Back