Heated Eyelash Curlers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thankx Min, I too have been curious about the heated curlers, thanx for the testimonial, I really want to get one now!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Especially since you said the curl lasts longer. I find w/the metal curler my curl doesn't last very long..

I have this one...

cb_1.JPG

Ive seen other types that look like little curling irons but I only have used this kind.

how long ago did you get it Min?? A co-worker of mine sells Avon, and I know she can back-date up to 3 books... so if you saw it cheaper before, and it was within the last 3 books, yours should be able to get them for that price too
smile.gif

I dont remember exactly its been at least a month. It could be 3 books ago im not positive. I know im not helping lol

Originally Posted by Min I dont remember exactly its been at least a month. It could be 3 books ago im not positive. I know im not helping lol well I know she gives out books every 2 weeks or so... so if it was a month - you still might have time. Ask her to go back through the last 3 books, and see if it was in there cheaper
wink.gif

Well in campaign 22 it was 5.99 I still have the book so maybe it was in 21 that it was $2 or $3 6 is still good though.

Ok found the other book :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It was camp 19
frown.gif
for 2.99 with purchase of 2 other items on another pg

Originally Posted by Min Well in campaign 22 it was 5.99 I still have the book so maybe it was in 21 that it was 2 or 3 6 is still good though. well i forget what it's up to now... 25?? if it's 25 - she should be able to go back to 22 (not sure if current book counts) --- so it might be worth a try
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by Min I have this one...
cb_1.JPG

Ive seen other types that look like little curling irons but I only have used this kind.

I think I am going to go for this one. The dryer thing did not work out to well with me.

Sorry to bring back an old thread but wanted to share my story
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I decided to try the eyelash curler & blow dryer thing this A.M. & just as I thought it burnt the crap out of my eye no matter what position it was it was hot. Is there some technique im missing here?

Originally Posted by Laura I was gonna buy one a few months back but then someone posted a great tip.. If you have a metal lash curler (which i do!), blast your hairdryer on it for 5 mins and that will do the same thing! I havent tried it out yet though because i'm afraid of eyelash curlers! Great tip!! I'm going to have to try that!!

Originally Posted by Min Sorry to bring back an old thread but wanted to share my story
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I decided to try the eyelash curler & blow dryer thing this A.M. & just as I thought it burnt the crap out of my eye no matter what position it was it was hot. Is there some technique im missing here? The only thing I can think of is to maybe not get it so hot, or let it cool a little before trying to curl your lashes. Maybe only blow dry it for 1 minute instead of 5. I'm going to try it, so I'll let you know how it works for me.

Originally Posted by Min Sorry to bring back an old thread but wanted to share my story
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I decided to try the eyelash curler & blow dryer thing this A.M. & just as I thought it burnt the crap out of my eye no matter what position it was it was hot. Is there some technique im missing here? As Malinda said, blow dry it for a few seconds only... Test it with your finger before you use it on your eyes.

i bought a cheap heated curler the other day and it didnt even work! lol. i guess you get what u pay for. it went straight in the bin.

doesnt the heat damage your eyelashes though?

I didnt heat it for long its just that that area is sensative. I couldnt seem to get the lashes in there with out the corners of the curler touching my skin & burning me
icon_redface.gif

my mom use to warm her's with the hairdryer. i met this girl who did that and all of her lashes came off except for a few. it looked awful she had to wear fake ones.
event.png

Wow! Maybe ill stick to my Avon heated curler at least the temp is controled.

Originally Posted by Min Wow! Maybe ill stick to my Avon heated curler at least the temp is controled. Why did you decide to try a regular one heated? Was the Avon one not doing well anymore?

I bought this one by Japonesque. Nordstrom has it listed for $16. I bought mine at Beauty First First Tuesday discount day. It is suggested that you use it after you apply mascara. It seems to hold the curl pretty well that way. I like it because you don't have to pinch your lashes. I have a hard time getting curlers in close to my eye. Maybe my eyes are too deep-set.
icon_redface.gif

Hmm....if you can put mascara on FIRST, I might be able to wing that. When I use one I end up with mascara ALL OVER because my eyelashes are too close to my face. I never saw a big enough difference to consider it worth the trouble.

I too, bought a cheapie and it did not work at all. I took it back.

Originally Posted by MACGoddess Why did you decide to try a regular one heated? Was the Avon one not doing well anymore? No I love my heated curler I just thought Id give it a try with the regular one.

Latest posts

Back