Heated Eyelash Curlers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by broken Hmmm I just bought a cheap one too yesterday, I'll try it out today.
I've made an appointment to have my lashes permed though. We'll see how that works out.
icon_razz.gif

You can have your lashes permed?? Wow, I'm wwaaaayyy out of the loop!!

I am currently using ModelCo Lash Wand Heated Eyelash Curler, and it's really really great, my lashes are curled throughout the day. You have to put mascara first then while the lash wand heats up within 60 seconds, it is ready to use!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I got a TRIM heated eyelash curler at Walmart for 6$, and it works like magic. I have super straight lashes and this curls them instantly. I would reccomend it.

I'm curious about the lash perm though, wouldn't that mess up your lashes... will look into it...

Well granted I got a $10 one from the drugstore, but they are "eh..." It might be just the type I got, it looks like a regular eyelash curler but just has heating elements in the pads.

I don't know if ones that are like combs (Sephora's) would be better.

I have some too but can't for the life of me figure out how to make the best of them
icon_wink.gif
Sticking to my Shiseido for now...thanks for the links guys ^^^

You'll find lots of info in the thread that Jennifer posted! Personally, i've never tried them but i do like to give my regular eyelash curler a blast with the hairdryer when i use it (i rarely use my eyelash curler though!)

I was just looking up heated eyelash curlers and i was thinking of getting the one from avon cause its pretty cheap so thanks Min im def gonna get it now ...do u think its better for your lashes tho cause thats what i was thinkin since with the metal curler you have to squeeze at the roots and thats not too good...even tho i do it anyway =)..but i figured since you just kinda press the heated one against the lashes it would be more gentle..wut do u girls think?

Heated eyyelash curlers...I didn't kow about them until I saw them here on MuT! lol! I only have a reg on. I may try blow drying it though. ..I'm nervous I'll over heat it...maybe I'll get that cool heated curler at walmart! ;0)

Thanks for the tips!

Originally Posted by makeup_nerd I got a TRIM heated eyelash curler at Walmart for 6$, and it works like magic. I have super straight lashes and this curls them instantly. I would reccomend it.
I'm curious about the lash perm though, wouldn't that mess up your lashes... will look into it...

I got the TRIM one too and I love it. I could never get my lashes to curl with a regular eyelash curler, but whenever I use the heated one they curl like crazy. The only issue I have with the heated curler is that I sometimes miss clearing all the lashes inside the press and I get a few crinkled lashes that I have trouble smoothing out and then I look quite hilarious.
jawsdown.gif
But overall I love it.

Originally Posted by Anyah_Green Heated eyyelash curlers...I didn't kow about them until I saw them here on MuT! lol! I only have a reg on. I may try blow drying it though. ..I'm nervous I'll over heat it...maybe I'll get that cool heated curler at walmart! ;0)Thanks for the tips!

my mom puts the hair dryer to her's you just have to be careful not to get it too hot.

i sometimes heat my Shu Curler on low setting for a few seconds

I just got the avon one in the mail today and i think it works pretty good..but idk if im doing it right...you just hold it in the same spot right?

Originally Posted by GraceGirl7 The only thing I can think of is to maybe not get it so hot, or let it cool a little before trying to curl your lashes. Maybe only blow dry it for 1 minute instead of 5. I'm going to try it, so I'll let you know how it works for me. Just wanted to drop in and add my 2 cents. I only heat my Shu eyelash curler for a few seconds. One minute would burn my eyelids. What I do is heat it for a few seconds and put it up to my eye. If it's not too hot I use it. But you may have to do it a few times so that you know how many seconds to heat it. It does work good when heated, but sometimes it takes off my pencil eyeliner. I've gotten smarter and add a little translucent powder to my eyeliner and it has taken care of that problem. I swear curling my lashes and putting on my eyeliner take so much time. I can put all my other makeup on fast, but it is very time consuming doing my eyelashes.

I have the Mirenesse heated curler. The curl lasts all day and is much better than my Shu curler. I have typical straight Asian lashes. The only downside is that it eats into the batteries and the instructions say not to use rechargeable batteries.

Back