Heated Eyelash Curlers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never used a heater curler, and for some reason, I just haven't worried about it. Lash primer works well enough for me, but I also already have naturally long, curled lashes.

Has anyone tried the new heated lash curler by Sephora? I don't see any reviews for it.

P20039_hero.jpg

Professional Mini Heated Lash Curler

Make your curl last longer with Sephora's heated lash lusher upper.

Item # 595165 $16

Originally Posted by Laura /img/forum/go_quote.gif I was gonna buy one a few months back but then someone posted a great tip.. If you have a metal lash curler (which i do!), blast your hairdryer on it for 5 mins and that will do the same thing! I havent tried it out yet though because i'm afraid of eyelash curlers! 5 minutes is too long!
smile.gif
I tried this method for the first time the other day, just a few secs with the blow dryer, touch the curler to your wrist to make sure its not too hot, and curl away.
It really works, so save your money on a heated one

i got an EOB heated eyelash curler from CVs ..

mabe i am just not using it right but it seems very awkward to use. i'm ending up with crinkled lashes and funny bent marks.
kopfkratz.gif

all i can say is heated eyelash curler is much better than the traditional one....this one curls ur lashes without leaving it bent-looking....

Originally Posted by airkisses /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have the Mirenesse heated curler. The curl lasts all day and is much better than my Shu curler. I have typical straight Asian lashes. The only downside is that it eats into the batteries and the instructions say not to use rechargeable batteries. i dont like my shu curler its so stiff n it makes my lashes come out...i got the avon one but it didnt work...this one sounds cool tho..do u have a before/after pic??

Originally Posted by sadhunni /img/forum/go_quote.gif i just use the regular shu lash curler and it works like a charm. i use this too & it works great.. wouldnt heated curlers damage your lashes after a while? liked curling/straightening your hair too much

um, I dunno if anyone mentioned this.. but I have tried 2 heated eyelash curlers but what I found by far the best has been to just put my normal eyelash curler under the hairdryer. When it starts to burn my fingers, then I stop the hairdryer and use it on my eyelashes. They become a LOT more curly, but you have to be good at judging when the eyelash curler is too hot. Obviously, my eyelash curler is metal. It wouldn't work with a plastic one
biggrin.gif

i got a heated eyelash curler by panasonic and it DEFINITELY WORKS WELL for me. am not sure if it's better than the Model Co. that I tried at henri bendel though.

i still have to curl my lashes, apply mascara, then use the heated eyelash curler. my lashes definitely look better when i use the heated curler.

just like anbything else, it takes practice coz it could burn you if put very close to the base of the lashes or if if it touches your lid. i read that there are newer releases that doesn't burn skin at all.

I like the heated curler. the prob i find with the hair dryer is the metal part of hte curler that come out burn my cheek cause it's so heated.. if that make sense?!?

i have really straight lashes, so i love using my heated eyelash curler. i use the talika one and it works great. the only thing is that i feel like it dries out my eyelashes and they fall out easier. ive found that if i switch to a non-waterproof mascara and apply a lash enhancing mascara every night, it counteracts the heat damage from the curler!

oh! I forgot to say! If you DO buy one, it should work like a non-heated eyelash curler. i bought one which you just hold against the lashes, and it didn't work. You have to trap the lashes between 2 heated bits, if that makes sense!

And there are some great tips here, you guys ROCK

Originally Posted by CharH /img/forum/go_quote.gif Has anyone tried the new heated lash curler by Sephora? I don't see any reviews for it.
http://a1377.g.akamai.net/7/1377/827...20039_hero.jpg

Professional Mini Heated Lash Curler

Make your curl last longer with Sephora's heated lash lusher upper.

Item # 595165 $16

did you know that all of sephora's private label collection is ACTUALLY japonesque products in disguise? yep. actually one grade lower than the japonesque professional line but twice as expensive.
i actually own the actual Japonesque heated curler, and it honestly only takes 30 secs to heat up if that. i turn it on before i start my makeup. i just recently read on their site how to properly use it, and now i feel foolish since someone asked if you were supposed to use before or after mascara (after is correct).

i have short lashes that point straight down- the asian curse. and this is my HG, along with a precise curler, but i love my heated curler, i use it on everyone and because of that i give it to all my girlfriends as gifts.

they are all converted fans.

Too be honest i would use heated eyelash curlers, because of the effect but i would be wayyy to scared about the fact i might poke myself in the eye y'know?

x x x x

Originally Posted by brewgrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif did you know that all of sephora's private label collection is ACTUALLY japonesque products in disguise? yep. actually one grade lower than the japonesque professional line but twice as expensive. That's interesting to know!

The Model Co one where you just hold it against your lashes that I bought years ago did absolutely nothing. I don't know where I put it but so I can't try it again to see if maybe I used it wrong before.

I think, after comparing my Shiseido curler and a random dept store one, is that the arch is higher on the Shiseido one. It definitely makes my lashes go UP all day, rather than droop straight after I apply mascara.

Back