Hello all, and MAC e/s help please!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone, just discovered this place the other day and I LOVE it. I'm gradually working my way through the past threads, and picking up some great tips and QUITE a few lemmings along the way
wink.gif

I've been saving MOST of my MAC lemmings (ie the ones I couldn't find on Ebay!) for the last 6 months, and am going to have a monster haul when I go to Canada next month. But I need help with eyeshadows, and I know I'll get some good recommendations from you!

I'm very pale skinned, dark brown hair and brown eyes. E/s with yellow shades do NOT look good on me (I'm told, which means I can't wear my beloved gold colours
frown.gif
), and I like neutral colours. I'm also not very adventurous - I just like to use a single e/s as a wash on my whole lid, don't line and don't do anything in the crease. Someone suggested pinky browns to me, but I'd also quite like to find a nice bronze eyeshadow. I also LOVE shimmer.

Within that limitation, neutral with no yellow tones, what would y'all recommend that I get? I will be buying between 4 and 8 MAC e/s. Please could you give a colour description, as I find it hard to work them out from the MAC site sometimes.

Thanks so much! I've also posted this same sort of message over on Icompact.

Isabelle

Welcome to MakeUpTalk Isabelle. You may want to check out our PICTURE GALLERY for pics of MAC eyeshadows. The swatches on the MAC site are rubbish!

If you need help with anything on this site just shout & i or one of the other girls will come to you rescue!

One of my recs would be Jest - it's a light icy peach. You said you're looking for a bronze e/s, and my rec would be Bronze; however, it's a medium golden bronze and you said no yellow tones. Laura's idea about checking out pics is great!!
smile.gif

Welcome to MUT Isabelle.

I have original tan skin. So I can't really recommend what neutral colours you are trying to achieve.

Sorry, I'm not helping at all
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Isabelle Hello everyone, just discovered this place the other day and I LOVE it. I'm gradually working my way through the past threads, and picking up some great tips and QUITE a few lemmings along the way
wink.gif

I've been saving MOST of my MAC lemmings (ie the ones I couldn't find on Ebay!) for the last 6 months, and am going to have a monster haul when I go to Canada next month. But I need help with eyeshadows, and I know I'll get some good recommendations from you!

I'm very pale skinned, dark brown hair and brown eyes. E/s with yellow shades do NOT look good on me (I'm told, which means I can't wear my beloved gold colours
frown.gif
), and I like neutral colours. I'm also not very adventurous - I just like to use a single e/s as a wash on my whole lid, don't line and don't do anything in the crease. Someone suggested pinky browns to me, but I'd also quite like to find a nice bronze eyeshadow. I also LOVE shimmer.

Within that limitation, neutral with no yellow tones, what would y'all recommend that I get? I will be buying between 4 and 8 MAC e/s. Please could you give a colour description, as I find it hard to work them out from the MAC site sometimes.

Thanks so much! I've also posted this same sort of message over on Icompact.

Isabelle

Isabelle first of all welcome to MUT!! You will love this site and all the girls here are very helpful!! I have brown eyes too and I love neutral shades of e/s!! I use Mac's Romp e/s is frost which means it has shimmers in it!! I love it, it's a nice bronzey shade!! But Ikebana always suggested me Mac's Bronze e/s it's a great bronze e/s with shimmers!! I believe you should wear 2 shades of e/s one light to all over your lids and one darker on the crease!! I hope I was helpful!!

Thank you all so much for your suggestions!

I'm trying to think what colours other than browns/pinkish colours would be neutral - I suppose grey as well, and beigey colours are not allowed due to the no yellow thing.

I looked at the picture gallery, but there are too many gorgeous shades there! <wails> Luckily I have almost a month to make up my mind, tee hee hee!

Isabelle

when i am going for a bare look i use either patina (muted taupe brown with golden shimmer, frost) or era (soft muted golden beige with subtle shimmer, satin) w/ shroom (soft muted golden beige with subtle shimmer, satin) as a highlight.

the swatches on the MAC site are not very good. like someone suggested take a look in their album
wink.gif

also most make-up artisits at mac will be more than happy to spend sometime w/ you picking out what colours look best on you.

good luck w/ the trip and welcome to MUT.

Hi Isabelle! Welcome to MUT!

If you like pinks and browns, try Shroom as a light neutral champagne wash, then try Sushi flower on the lid beneath the browbone and Bronze in the crease (Sophia is right, this a great shade!
biggrin.gif
)! Its a great combination of pink and brown that isn't too overhwelming. Remember to blend!

If you just want to do neutrals, here are some e/s to test out at MAC:

Romp, Rummy, Shroom, Bronze, Retrospeck, Brule, Woodwinked, Naked Lunch, Sable and Antiqued!

Also, try the two Naturally Eccentric quads at MAC-- they're great soft and neutral fall colors!

Hope I helped!

Back