• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Hello doesnt anybody wanna swap?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i have SHIMMERMOSS FOR SWAP!! is swapping dead ive sent like 10 thingies wanting to swap and noones replied
frown.gif

I know just how you feel!! I've been trying to stir an interest in swapping, but so far nothing.
icon_sad.gif
If I didnt have shimmermoss already, I'd def try to work something out w/you. I wish more people here liked swapping.
icon_cry.gif

Originally Posted by bejb1011 i have SHIMMERMOSS FOR SWAP!! is swapping dead ive sent like 10 thingies wanting to swap and noones replied
frown.gif

ahhhhhhhh. ive got the penny shade stick+ nymphette lipglass+tons o stuff. yet nobodys interested. WHY!!!!!
frown.gif

I am always interested in swapping but I have stop asking because either no one is interested in my swaps or they just do not reply at all. I even have put jeans and purses up for swap / sell (would prefer to swap) and cant get any responses.

I might be interested in the shadestick. If there's something on my list you might like, PM me and we can set something up. Also, I have a bunch of Lancome shadows that are not listed yet. **** this is for you too Regina*****
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by bejb1011 ahhhhhhhh. ive got the penny shade stick+ nymphette lipglass+tons o stuff. yet nobodys interested. WHY!!!!!
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU I know just how you feel!! I've been trying to stir an interest in swapping, but so far nothing.
icon_sad.gif
If I didnt have shimmermoss already, I'd def try to work something out w/you. I wish more people here liked swapping.
icon_cry.gif
Hi Tracey I just bought Shimmermoss, it is my 1st blue/green..I usually stick to neutrals but have ventured out I have Coppering, Expensive Pink, Sable, Amberlights and now Shimmermoss. Any tips on how to use it? DO you think I will love it?

OMG! I definitely think you will love it!! Its a really gorgeous color! As for how to use it... I use it with tons of different colors but my taste tends to go towards the bold. So, if you're usually into neutrals, you may not like my suggestions. But, here goes...... I sometimes use it on the lid w/dark blue green pigment on the outer corner. I also use it with Cranberry; Parfait Amour (so pretty!!); Leisuretime; Pink Venus; and UD Mildew. I havent tried it with Amberlights, but I think that would probably look great - Expensive Pink too! I'm sorry if this is of no help to you, but I like to be adventurous w/colors.
icon_redface.gif
Once you play around w/it I know you'll come up with some neat combos. Please share them when you do. Also, remember, I'm always willing to share my combo ideas --- I wont be offended if you think they're too 'out there'!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by erica_1020 Hi Tracey I just bought Shimmermoss, it is my 1st blue/green..I usually stick to neutrals but have ventured out I have Coppering, Expensive Pink, Sable, Amberlights and now Shimmermoss. Any tips on how to use it? DO you think I will love it?

Hey Bejb1011, i'm actually looking to try Shimmermoss so if you see anything on my list send me a request!

And you know the way you said you've sent some requests and nobody answers, well that happened to me before too & when i went to check their profiles they hadnt logged in ages so maybe they were on MuT before but just dont frequent it as much anymore so dont worry about not always getting replies. Our swap centre is still kinda new.

Originally Posted by bejb1011

i have SHIMMERMOSS FOR SWAP!! is swapping dead ive sent like 10 thingies wanting to swap and noones replied
frown.gif

10 swap requests??? to WHO?

how in the name of batman do you expect me to remember?! eek ok maybe not 10. but at least 3!

Originally Posted by Laura See anything on my swap list?? If I knew what Shimmermoss was I'd do my best to help...unfortunately...I'm primarily drowning in drugstore mu.

I've been here a few days and listed over 10 items for swap. 2 people have contacted me via e-mail about my items then disappeared when I e-mailed them back. I think this just isn't the place for swapping. Maybe cause of the set up of this forum seems cluttered and confusing.
confused.gif

Originally Posted by Wontpayretail23

I've been here a few days and listed over 10 items for swap. 2 people have contacted me via e-mail about my items then disappeared when I e-mailed them back. I think this just isn't the place for swapping. Maybe cause of the set up of this forum seems cluttered and confusing.
confused.gif

It could be me, but me thinks that the MUT forum might seem cluttered and confusing cuz you only have 7 posts and are not used to it's extravagant functionality. Here is my suggestion: hang out more, post more, get to know us more, have an open mind and get used to it a bit. If you are talking about the forum, it's functionality is more than just a glorified chat room that has self appointed moderators. Wayyy more functions than others.
If you are talking swaps, we just don't have the web traffic like the other site so yes, this is to be expected. Even though we have 60-100 new users daily with 1-2 million page views monthly, we still are slower thank the other.

Take care and see you online?

Originally Posted by Wontpayretail23 I've been here a few days and listed over 10 items for swap. 2 people have contacted me via e-mail about my items then disappeared when I e-mailed them back. I think this just isn't the place for swapping. Maybe cause of the set up of this forum seems cluttered and confusing.
confused.gif
I know that I don't swap because everything that I buy is because I want it and if I don't, then I typically sell it. I don't think this site is confusing at all. What is so "cluttered and confusing" about it? Suggestions are always welcome. I know that Tony is always trying to make things easier for us here.

Back