Hello, I'm here to introduce myself!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I'm known here and on Makeupalley as skila. I was referred to this site by haloinrvrse. I love to swap makeup and talk about makeup. I'm ready to make some new friendships here on this site now that my kids are in school. I'm a mom of a 3rd grader and a 1st grader. I'm 29 years old and I love makeup,clothes,and shoes. I'm a real girly-girl. I am no Paris Hilton, but I love highend makeup and I love finding fashion knockoffs.

LOL at "I am no Paris Hilton", are any of us Skila! Welcome to MuT. I'm Laura as you probably guessed from my username! Look forward to reading your posts. I aint really a clothes/shoe lover (well i AM kinda) but NOT as much as make-up. So what are your fave make-up brands, products etc.. Do share
smile.gif

I prefer Bourjois and Sephora eyeshadows. I love Hard Candy, Sugar,and Lorac lipglosses, I love MAC lipglass. My favorite perfume at this time is Aquolina Pink sugar-That's because it's a deodorant as well. I like a lot of different cosmetics. I haven't gotten into MAC. I've tried one of their lipsticks, but it just didn't impress me. Only the Lipglass has been a memorable MAC moment for me.

Great, you recommend all that products that aren't available to me in Ireland (besides MAC & Bourjois!).. To be honest (don't shoot me), i aint a lipglass fan at all! I LOVE MAC Shadows, Paints, Liners though. Just love them. I'm on a mission to collect lots of those eye products at the mo! So are you gonna be swapping here too??

I plan on swapping her as well. I swap a lot on Makeupalley. Is it as easy here? Is this similar to MUA? I don't even know where to begin to swap here.

Thank you so much for the warm welcomes. I'm off to shower and meet the teacher tonight at school. Talk with you gals tomorrow.

WOW, Hi Skila!! Welcome to MakeupTalk from the programming dept. We love new members! Anyhow, Halo is one of our good friends and we have alot of fun here. Hope to see ya around! HUGS

Originally Posted by Skila

Hi, I'm known here and on Makeupalley as skila. I was referred to this site by haloinrvrse. I love to swap makeup and talk about makeup. I'm ready to make some new friendships here on this site now that my kids are in school. I'm a mom of a 3rd grader and a 1st grader. I'm 29 years old and I love makeup,clothes,and shoes. I'm a real girly-girl. I am no Paris Hilton, but I love highend makeup and I love finding fashion knockoffs.

hey skila! im glad you came on over after seeing my post on swap tawk. (she posted asking for other trading/message board sites.)

youll find that we dont have any of the knock down, drag out fights had at some other sites, so yay.
smile.gif

lmk if you have any specific questions about getting started. you can post here or PM me if you want.

when i was new, it took me a couple days to get totally used to all the features, so dont get discouraged if you cant find something.
smile.gif

Welcome Skila! I'm a high-end makeup fiend and love YSL, NARS, Chanel and lots of other brands. I'm also not a fan of MAC though I think their lipglasses are their best products. I own a few but I'm a bigger fan of Chanel and NARS for gloss.
biggrin.gif

Hi Skila- welcome. I crazy about all that girlie stuff as well! I love makeup (although I cant really afford the highend) and I really love fashion and SHOES!!! LOL Soo glad you found us!!

Originally Posted by Skila I plan on swapping her as well. I swap a lot on Makeupalley. Is it as easy here? Is this similar to MUA? I don't even know where to begin to swap here. Hey Skila..Welcome to MuT..Our swap area is very easy to use& Yes, it does have some similarities to MUA's swap system(ours is better..lol
wink.gif
)..If I can do it,Anyone can..Just go to the blue task bar at the top of the screen.Click on MySwapCenter to start listing your items..If you have any questions feel free to ask me or anyone of our friendly mods..I'm sure Halo can give you a few pointers also..Looking forward to hearing more from you
biggrin.gif

Hi and welcome Skila! Speaking of fashion knockoffs~*~*~*~*~*~I'm majoring in fashion design and my first day of classes are the 25th of August~*~*~**~ Lol! One day I might be designing for the stars. I like most girls also enjoy makeup, clothes, fashion, etc. I'm one of the youngest people on this board at the tender young age of 18 and I'm just getting into all the cool, awesome quality, high-end makeup brands and I am loving it.

I'm sure you will love it here
wink.gif
This is by far the friendliest makeup board I have ever been on. You should post some pics of your cute kids up here!

Hello Skila and welcome to Makeuptalk! Hope you like it here. I'll look forward to your posts

Latest posts

Back