Help-am I getting Cellulite????

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OMG I think I am starting to get it a little bit. It freaks me out cause I am pretty skinny (53 kg-which is about 120 pounds I think, correct me if not!) at almost 5.7 hight.

I know I´ll probably never get it really bad cause my mum is almost 45 and she doesn´t have it that bad-and we have the almost exact same figure so I can sort of predict how mine will turn out when I get older.

so my problem doesn´t seem to be too much fat on the hips, the skin isn´t as smooth as it used to be on the sides and the back of my thighs. it´s not like everybody would notice, I can still wear miniskirts and look good in them, but I realized when I cross my legs when I wear one I can see cellulite on the outer side my thighs *eek*.

I know almost everybody has that problem, but is there a way to stop it?

should I start doing sports (I don´t do any at the moment) or should I try lotions and stuff? any exercises that might help? I know you should cut out too much sugar and salt in your diet-which is gonna be hard for me cause I love candy. but is there any other foods that you shouldn´t be eating?

any advice?

Do you work out at all? For that area alone, you can try some simple squats. But exercise will definitely help.

OMG, 5'7" and 120 lbs is NOT fat! HOLY MOLY GIRLIE, this is an excellent size and frame
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Arielle

OMG I think I am starting to get it a little bit. It freaks me out cause I am pretty skinny (53 kg-which is about 120 pounds I think, correct me if not!) at almost 5.7 hight.
I know I´ll probably never get it really bad cause my mum is almost 45 and she doesn´t have it that bad-and we have the almost exact same figure so I can sort of predict how mine will turn out when I get older.

so my problem doesn´t seem to be too much fat on the hips, the skin isn´t as smooth as it used to be on the sides and the back of my thighs. it´s not like everybody would notice, I can still wear miniskirts and look good in them, but I realized when I cross my legs when I wear one I can see cellulite on the outer side my thighs *eek*.

I know almost everybody has that problem, but is there a way to stop it?

should I start doing sports (I don´t do any at the moment) or should I try lotions and stuff? any exercises that might help? I know you should cut out too much sugar and salt in your diet-which is gonna be hard for me cause I love candy. but is there any other foods that you shouldn´t be eating?

any advice?

Originally Posted by envymi Do you work out at all? For that area alone, you can try some simple squats. But exercise will definitely help. no, it´s really embarrassing, but I am in the worst shape you can imagine. I even start to breathe hard when I just walk up the stairs to the 3rd floor. I think I can do squats to start with-how many do you think I should do each day?

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) OMG, 5'7" and 120 lbs is NOT fat! HOLY MOLY GIRLIE, this is an excellent size and frame
wink.gif
yeah, I´m one of the few girls who has never been self-conscious about being "fat". in fact, I used to think I am way too skinny, that´s why I started eating unhealthy to gain weight (which didn´t work, I just don´t!) and I sorta still don´t eat right just cause I don´t HAVE to.
icon_wink.gif

Don't worry too much! Even celebrities have cellulite!

Just make sure you exercise at least three times a week. Walking is good easy exercise. And drink lots of water.

Hi Arielle,

Even the skinniest of girls can get cellulite. But although it may not dissapear completely (although it might) there are a lot of treatments availbale to help smooth the skin and make the cellulite less noticable.

I have heard of new Salon treatments designed to shift or improve it as well as topical creams which are meant to help. Loreal have some good treatment creams and even caffeine patches which might help though i am not 100% sure. Are you going to try the body brushing and drinking tons of water? Hope you see an improvement soon.

yeah I heard of that L´Oreal body patch although I´m not sure if I believe that this works. I´ve read a few articles by dermatologists and they claimed NOTHING produced by the beauty industry helps against Cellulite.

and I do drink tons of water, in fact, I don´t drink anything else (besides the "occasional" cocktail *lol*)

Originally Posted by Arielle yeah I heard of that L´Oreal body patch although I´m not sure if I believe that this works. I´ve read a few articles by dermatologists and they claimed NOTHING produced by the beauty industry helps against Cellulite.
and I do drink tons of water, in fact, I don´t drink anything else (besides the "occasional" cocktail *lol*)

Hi Arielle,For every expert that say's something doesn't work there is always people who say something does work and swear by it.

My advice to you would be if you are worried about it then it's worth a try.Be your own judge.

Originally Posted by Arielle no, it´s really embarrassing, but I am in the worst shape you can imagine. I even start to breathe hard when I just walk up the stairs to the 3rd floor. I think I can do squats to start with-how many do you think I should do each day? If you're not really in good shape as far as exercise, you'll want to start off slow. Maybe try sets of ten and do 3-5 sets, depending on how many you can handle. Do it alone first then once you get the hang of it, try holding something weighted like a heavy book or something(you're a student right? you should have some hefty books
icon_cheesygrin.gif
) And if you have stairs, try going up and down the stairs a few times in a row everyday. There's always little things like that you can do without going to a gym.

Originally Posted by envymi If you're not really in good shape as far as exercise, you'll want to start off slow. Maybe try sets of ten and do 3-5 sets, depending on how many you can handle. Do it alone first then once you get the hang of it, try holding something weighted like a heavy book or something(you're a student right? you should have some hefty books
icon_cheesygrin.gif
) And if you have stairs, try going up and down the stairs a few times in a row everyday. There's always little things like that you can do without going to a gym. thanks for the advice!!! I recently started walking up the stairs instead of using the elevator and hey, I even noticed some improvement.
I´ll definitely try the squats with the books. I don´t really want to go to the gymn anyway cause I am in such bad shape-I feel like an old woman sometimes
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by Arielle

thanks for the advice!!! I recently started walking up the stairs instead of using the elevator and hey, I even noticed some improvement.
I´ll definitely try the squats with the books. I don´t really want to go to the gymn anyway cause I am in such bad shape-I feel like an old woman sometimes
icon_redface.gif

I showed my oldest son Anthony your pic in your notepad and he was like "Whoa! She is a hottie" lol

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) I showed my oldest son Anthony your pic in your notepad and he was like "Whoa! She is a hottie" lol
icon_redface.gif
I am seriously blushing now-thanks!
icon_redface.gif
he´s such a hottie himself!!!!!!!! :icon_love

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) he's a younger guy! lol Call me Misses Robinson *lol* nah, I´m only 21 (well, almost). maybe I should really go for younger guys, they all seem to be pretty hot lately (but not "back in the days" when I was 18)
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Gypsy Arielle, have you checked out endermologie? Its a massge treatment that removes cellulite and helps prevent it. Also, mesotherapy is an anti cellulite treatment but it involves injections. Both are usally priced around the same per treatment approx:65.00-75.00 per treatment. yes I´ve heard about it but I think I´ll only consider those treatments when it gets worse. that´s pretty expensive!! and I guess you need a couple of treatments until you see the effect and the results can´t possibly last unless you do it regularly.

Originally Posted by Gypsy Im not very familiar with Mesotherapy but for endermologie: The number of treatments depends on how bad your cellulite is. They also suggest you follow a low fat diet and exercise program and drink a chit load of water while doing the treatments. After you recieve your desired results, they say you have to maintain them by doing one treatment a month. However, I know women that maintained the results just by continuing to exercise, eating healthy and increasing their water intake. The treatments are a little pricey and for people that do have alot of cellulite, they recommend 10-14 treatments so it comes out to be alot of $$. Have you tried creams? Ive heard good things about Roc Cellulite gel, its around 17.00. no I haven´t tried any creams yet-but i will check out the Roc one. I´ve used some of their products in the past and I was very pleased. seems to be a really good brand! THANX!

the sure fire way to get rid of cellulite. squats and lunges. throw in some stairs a few times a week and you will see improvement in no time. a pain i know, but it really works.

Originally Posted by Gypsy Ive not tried squats or lunges, you have totally motivated me. Thanx =) me too. but it´s gonna be tough for me being lazy as I am

if more people knew what just doing the stairs 3 times a week could do for your legs, butt and lower abs everyone would be doing it. give it a try for 2 weeks then see what you think.

Latest posts

Back