Help! Cutest Summer Eyeshadow Look?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm just now getting in to the "using several shades of eyeshadow at once." I was wondering what yall thought was a cute eye look for summer using several shades of eye shadow? Any suggestions would help, and it would be really nice if you could find me some pics. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I don't know your coloring, but light and pastel colors are so beautiful in the summer. For hazel eyes, my favorite is a pale shimmery green (like MAC Chartru paint) paired with a khaki in the crease for definition. Also a pale shimmery sky blue on the lid with khaki in the crease. Sounds wierd but it works, mate! Line with a deep khaki liner and pair with black or black/brown mascara. When using greens, you can highlight your browbone with a pale ivory, yellow or pink. If you have blue eyes and warm skin undertone, lavender or lilac on the lid is gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous with sheer orange or orange/coral in the crease. No kidding. Choose a fresh and clear shade, not a muddy terra cotta orange. Highlight with a sheer shimmery ivory shade, line with a smokey plum liner and use plum mascara. Your eyes will be the color of the Mediterranean. Some tips: to get the brightest effect from sheer shadows, apply them directly over a shadow base, concealer or cream to powder fx. I found a bit of Cover Girl AquaSmooth fx to be a great e/s base. Gently "scrub" the shadow with the side of your shadow brush, then press the bristles onto your eyelid and crease, alternating with short blending strokes. After you have your bright base shade, apply your contour shadow in your crease, overtop the brighter shade. Blend up and out to blur the shadow line. You can also use a blending brush as a final application step. Sorry, I don't have pics!

Originally Posted by FairyRave I'm just now getting in to the "using several shades of eyeshadow at once." I was wondering what yall thought was a cute eye look for summer using several shades of eye shadow? Any suggestions would help, and it would be really nice if you could find me some pics. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Shimmery Shadows look great in the summer.

Here's a site where you can sample them for only $1!

http://www.amphigory.com/loose-eyesh...ummer-ivy.html

Gold shadows also look very pretty. Example:

girl_eyeshadow_1.jpg
smg12hr.jpg

Another look, soft blues/ periwinkles, and grays (see Shu Uemura Eye Shadows in Beige and Blue)

Example:

072.jpg

Originally Posted by FairyRave I'm just now getting in to the "using several shades of eyeshadow at once." I was wondering what yall thought was a cute eye look for summer using several shades of eye shadow? Any suggestions would help, and it would be really nice if you could find me some pics. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Originally Posted by FairyRave I'm just now getting in to the "using several shades of eyeshadow at once." I was wondering what yall thought was a cute eye look for summer using several shades of eye shadow? Any suggestions would help, and it would be really nice if you could find me some pics. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Not knowing your coloring does make it hard to suggest combos..Please give us some more info..Thanks!

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish I don't know your coloring, but light and pastel colors are so beautiful in the summer. For hazel eyes, my favorite is a pale shimmery green (like MAC Chartru paint) paired with a khaki in the crease for definition. Also a pale shimmery sky blue on the lid with khaki in the crease. Sounds wierd but it works, mate! Line with a deep khaki liner and pair with black or black/brown mascara. When using greens, you can highlight your browbone with a pale ivory, yellow or pink.
If you have blue eyes and warm skin undertone, lavender or lilac on the lid is gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous with sheer orange or orange/coral in the crease. No kidding. Choose a fresh and clear shade, not a muddy terra cotta orange. Highlight with a sheer shimmery ivory shade, line with a smokey plum liner and use plum mascara. Your eyes will be the color of the Mediterranean.

Some tips: to get the brightest effect from sheer shadows, apply them directly over a shadow base, concealer or cream to powder fx. I found a bit of Cover Girl AquaSmooth fx to be a great e/s base. Gently "scrub" the shadow with the side of your shadow brush, then press the bristles onto your eyelid and crease, alternating with short blending strokes. After you have your bright base shade, apply your contour shadow in your crease, overtop the brighter shade. Blend up and out to blur the shadow line. You can also use a blending brush as a final application step.

Sorry, I don't have pics!

123banner2.jpg

Quote: "If you have blue eyes and warm skin undertone, lavender or lilac on the lid is gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous with sheer orange or orange/coral in the crease. No kidding. Choose a fresh and clear shade, not a muddy terra cotta orange. Highlight with a sheer shimmery ivory shade, line with a smokey plum liner and use plum mascara. Your eyes will be the color of the Mediterranean."

^ ^ ^I LOVE this suggestion. I'm going to try it. IT sounds beautiful like you've made an "eye sunset!" Great suggestions, Kitty. I've got blue eyes that need a sunset! Wohoo!

It's so pretty on! I did this on a woman with light skin, stawberry blond hair, blue eyes and freckles. Her eyes were so intensely blue when I was done!

Originally Posted by Californian
123banner2.jpg

Quote: "If you have blue eyes and warm skin undertone, lavender or lilac on the lid is gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous with sheer orange or orange/coral in the crease. No kidding. Choose a fresh and clear shade, not a muddy terra cotta orange. Highlight with a sheer shimmery ivory shade, line with a smokey plum liner and use plum mascara. Your eyes will be the color of the Mediterranean."

^ ^ ^I LOVE this suggestion. I'm going to try it. IT sounds beautiful like you've made an "eye sunset!" Great suggestions, Kitty. I've got blue eyes that need a sunset! Wohoo!

Take a look at my website: www.geocities.com/selfsanctuary and click 'Fun' than 'Looks'. There's not THAT many there. But, I think the India look in the 'Around the world' link I have up would be summery (w/out the dark black line with the liner) and the very first eye look in the link 'eyes & lips'. It's like a bronzed look w/some blue eyeshadow to accent. I wish I had better pictures than those but my scanner is horrible.

I have the following coloring. I have naturally sun highlighted golden blonde hair. Pale skin except for in the summer because I'm always tanning and I have blue eyes. Hope this helps everyone. I would add a picture but I'm not sure how yet. (A little help?) Hope this helps yall

My fave look for summer is a bronze or green smokey eye
smile.gif

Green:

- MAC Golden Olive Pigment on lid

- MAC Retrospeck on browbone and inner corners of eye

- MAC Humid in crease

- MAC Green Pigment in outer "V"

- black liner and mascara

Bronze:

- MAC Tan Pigment on lid

- MAC Vanilla Pigment on browbone and inner corners

- MAC Bronze in crease

- MAC Coco Beach Pigment in outer "V"

HTHS!
smile.gif
My coloring is in my sig.

Originally Posted by FeistyFemme My fave look for summer is a bronze or green smokey eye
smile.gif

Green:

- MAC Golden Olive Pigment on lid

- MAC Retrospeck on browbone and inner corners of eye

- MAC Humid in crease

- MAC Green Pigment in outer "V"

Bronze:

- MAC Tan Pigment on lid

- MAC Vanilla Pigment on browbone and inner corners

- MAC Bronze in crease

- MAC Coco Beach Pigment in outer "V"

HTHS!
smile.gif
My coloring is in my sig.

Hey these sound pretty. I'm going to check out the green colors and post them here:Mac Golden Olive on lid:

MAC vanilla on brown/innercorners:

MAC humid in crease: I cannot find it but Sarah is wearing it here:

SarahJessica.jpg

Green Pigment in outer V:

P.S. If you click on the pics you can see how inexpensive the prices are! Wohoo!

I have been wondering this for SO long! Where do you purchase Mac Pigment samples 1/4 size that come in the jars like that? I think some of our department stores carry Mac, but probably not the Mac Pigments (or samples).

Originally Posted by Pinktronic I have been wondering this for SO long! Where do you purchase Mac Pigment samples 1/4 size that come in the jars like that? I think some of our department stores carry Mac, but probably not the Mac Pigments (or samples). Hi Pink!You get the MAC pigment samples on Ebay. For example, type in the words, "MAC Pigment." You can sample many of the colors for $2.

By they way, I like the ocean theme on your site.

124banner6.gif

Originally Posted by Pinktronic I have been wondering this for SO long! Where do you purchase Mac Pigment samples 1/4 size that come in the jars like that? I think some of our department stores carry Mac, but probably not the Mac Pigments (or samples). Ebay is the best place or sometimes people add them as extra's in swaps Pinktronic. I recebtly bought off an ebay selkler "kanachan". A lot of 5 samples for $11.99 -great bargain if you ask me

Originally Posted by FairyRave I have the following coloring. I have naturally sun highlighted golden blonde hair. Pale skin except for in the summer because I'm always tanning and I have blue eyes. Hope this helps everyone. I would add a picture but I'm not sure how yet. (A little help?) Hope this helps yall I think bronze,gold and peaches would look great with your coloring..Here's an example of a fav summer look of mine and it's super simple(I have greenish blue eyes) MAC Vanilla pigment from lash to brow MAC Melon pigment on lids MAC CocoBeach pigment in crease and to line lower 2/3rds of bottom lashes TONS of mascara

Check this out too: http://www.maccosmetics.com/template...=CATEGORY13478
MAC eyeshadow looks and colors listed. Neato burrito.

smile.gif

Latest posts

Back