HELP!!! Did I just Ruin my fav. Sweatshirt!?!? :(

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OMG... I went to put something on my dresser, and then I'm walking to the other side of my room and my arm is suddenly VERY hot!!! Well, moron that I am dipped the arm of my (favorite
icon_cry.gif
) sweatshirt into the melted wax of a burning tart! How can I get this wax off!!! ?? It's almost like its soaked through!!!
icon_sad.gif
I just read online somewhere that you should should put a paper towel over it and iron it... and it should come off... WELP! I'm ironing away inside and while the towel looks like it is getting some of the wax on it... the 'stain' is still there in all its glory!!
icon_eek.gif
Can anyone help???? Pleeeeeeeze!
icon_cry.gif

Yikes! I'm not sure how to get it off clothing. I forgot a candle on one time and it melted everywhere. I waited until it got hard and just scraped it off. The ironing trick sounds great, hope it works!

is it colored wax? I don't think ur supposed to iron colored wax, it sets color deeper, I think

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) Yikes! I'm not sure how to get it off clothing. I forgot a candle on one time and it melted everywhere. I waited until it got hard and just scraped it off. The ironing trick sounds great, hope it works! ugh... it's not helping...
icon_cry.gif
the part that got the wax on it is still dark and is all hard and stiff....
icon_cry.gif

Originally Posted by envymi is it colored wax? I don't think ur supposed to iron colored wax, it sets color deeper, I think it's a light light blue... almost clear.... on a med/dark grey sweatshirt. Looks like I have huge wet stains on it... OMG I'm gonna cry!
icon_cry.gif

Ok... I just read this on another site...

"Wax can be easily removed from clothing by soaking the wax spot with kerosene or a petroleum-based liquid for about five minutes. The clothing should then be rinsed in water and shampoo or detergent, unless a flammable odor is desired"

Now since I dont' have any Kerosene handy - what are some other "petroleum- based" liquids???
icon_confused.gif

ok.. might have fixed my goof .... with "Goof Off"! LOL it takes off everything else, so I figured 'why not?' now I just have to see it after I wash it.
icon_wink.gif

Hope that works! If not, isn't Vaseline a petroleum-based product? And of course you know not to put clothes soaked in a flammable product in the washing machine!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by girl_geek Hope that works! If not, isn't Vaseline a petroleum-based product? And of course you know not to put clothes soaked in a flammable product in the washing machine!
wink.gif
lol... yeah - I washed it all out by hand first... then put it to get washed.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 lol... yeah - I washed it all out by hand first... then put it to get washed. Make sure you empty the lint from the dryer, and shut the light off down there before coming upstairs.....Thank you darlin'
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by K*O* Make sure you empty the lint from the dryer, and shut the light off down there before coming upstairs.....Thank you darlin'
icon_smile.gif
LMAO

Originally Posted by K*O* Make sure you empty the lint from the dryer, and shut the light off down there before coming upstairs.....Thank you darlin'
icon_smile.gif
You know, it's posts like this that make me glad that my mom's not really into makeup and will never join this site! lol (Just kidding of course, I love my mom!
wink.gif
)

Originally Posted by girl_geek You know, it's posts like this that make me glad that my mom's not really into makeup and will never join this site! lol (Just kidding of course, I love my mom!
wink.gif
) Yup... I now have NOWHERE to hide.
tongue.gif

LOL "ironing away". Sorry to hear this, you might have to throw in the towel.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98

OMG... I went to put something on my dresser, and then I'm walking to the other side of my room and my arm is suddenly VERY hot!!! Well, moron that I am dipped the arm of my (favorite
icon_cry.gif
) sweatshirt into the melted wax of a burning tart! How can I get this wax off!!! ?? It's almost like its soaked through!!!
icon_sad.gif
I just read online somewhere that you should should put a paper towel over it and iron it... and it should come off... WELP! I'm ironing away inside and while the towel looks like it is getting some of the wax on it... the 'stain' is still there in all its glory!!
icon_eek.gif
Can anyone help???? Pleeeeeeeze!
icon_cry.gif

Mom, go buy her a new one
wink.gif

Originally Posted by K*O*

Make sure you empty the lint from the dryer, and shut the light off down there before coming upstairs.....Thank you darlin'
icon_smile.gif

icon_smile.gif
OMG I am PMSL at this! Karen you're so funny
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) LOL "ironing away". Sorry to hear this, you might have to throw in the towel. Never!!! lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back