help for nose

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone know how to apply makeup to make a nose more narrow? Also any good makeup brand suggestions? Thanks.

Originally Posted by stephaboo Anyone know how to apply makeup to make a nose more narrow? Also any good makeup brand suggestions? Thanks. I am not if I can make any suggestions but I wanted to welcome you to MUT! I am Marisol from San Francisco and I look forward to getting to know you.

Hi and Welocme to MUT! I am BeneBaby from the Bay Area. Generally a darker foundation or bronzer is blended down the sides of the nose to give the apearance of a narrow nose. Stick with a bronzer or foundation that is matte with no shimmer, it will look more natural. Try Benefit Hoola for this little trick!

I've also heard, applying a shade darker than your regular foundation down both sides of your nose helps. And then apply a highlighter down the middle (dont go over the top!). I tried it once & think it worked out ok although its too time consuming for me in the mornings!

I agree with what everyone has said so far, and think that Benebaby's idea of using Hoola would be really good. I think it's easier to blend out powder than cream so if you're going to do either side this might be easier, plus you can always use it as a bronzer afterwards if it doesn't work out. The darker foundation on either side of the nose and highlighter on the bridge is a typical make up artist tip, but be careful. What looks good under studio lighting might not look as good in natural light. Sometimes you can draw attention to your fault by trying to hide it. I'd practice the techniques suggested, then get an honest opinion before you leave the house. I know (particularly with blush) that waht looks great in the mirror in the morning can leave me looking like Aunt Sally or raggedy Anne in natural light.

Latest posts

Back