HELP!!! I'm trying to enter the complex world of makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well this is my 1st time doing this so please bear with me. My name's Brittany. I'm 16 years old, light-skinned African American with normal/combination skin I think. You see, I'm having a difficulty with makeup. For one thing, I have no idea where to start. But I know that I want to at least know my way around a makeup kit of sorts because as a young lady growing up, I want to start experimenting with this stuff. I know I'm probably kinda late with this but I would really appreciate it if someone can help me out with my issue. I have prom this year and other things coming up and I want to be able to do my own makeup. I'm on a budget so I would like for it to be cost-friendly with good quality, comes in lots of shades, and not that hard to do since I'm a beginner.Can someone give me suggestions as to what kind of makeup would be good for me? 

Welcome Scorpio!

You should post this question in the make up forum I think. I look there a lot for more experienced member's answers.

claps.gif
 Hello and welcome to MUT! 
claps.gif
 ​
So glad you found us!! There is so much information here and a great way to teach, learn and grow! If there is anything you have a question on, please feel free to contact me or any of the mods to help you out. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hope you enjoy the boards!

Thanks you guys for welcoming me to MUT. I'm so glad I finally found a site where I can answers to all of my beauty questions and talk to other people.

Suenotto, can you tell me how to put my thread on the make up forum??

Pancua & Playedinloops, do you think you could recommend some brands of foundation??

I think once you post a thread in a certain section, only the mods can move it. But I don't think there's anything wrong with just posting your question(s) again in the makeup section.  Just watch out, I think my makeup spending has increased since I joined this site, no, no, I KNOW it has.

Originally Posted by Scorpio2258 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks you guys for welcoming me to MUT. I'm so glad I finally found a site where I can answers to all of my beauty questions and talk to other people.

Suenotto, can you tell me how to put my thread on the make up forum??

Pancua & Playedinloops, do you think you could recommend some brands of foundation??
I am a personal fan of MAC, especially when you go in and talk to them so that would be my suggestion. But it is far from the cheapest.

Latest posts

Back