Help making a decision?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone with oily skin and larger pores thats tried EDM or Meow minerals I'm trying to decide between the 2 as to which has better oil control. I have samples of both and need to place another order to get a color match and I want to try to decide on 1 and I need the primer or finishing powder too. I used Meow today with their oily skin primer underneath and had oily breakthrough within an hour and its cold here and its usually very humid. Any recs as to which would be better for me

I hate to say it but maybe you should sample a few other companies? If you're coming over oily in an hour, it doesn't sound like either one is working too well for you
frown.gif

maybe you could try lumiere (cashmere formula) IMO its the best mmu for oily skin. it really looks and feels natural

I'm using a sample of lumiere at the moment and it's really good, so I too recommend you try it.

Sounds like the Meow isn't working for you at all.

I hate to say it but maybe you should sample a few other companies? If you're coming over oily in an hour, it doesn't sound like either one is working too well for you
frown.gif
[/quote
I think there is better choices for oily skin.

I have tried EDM matt and semi-matt. EDM just did not last on me (and others have the said thing)

No comment on Meow as I have not tried it.

I am very oily. I like to use a primer with kaolin clay. Also another good one is from Aubrey Nicole - oil control powder. Samples are .99 each.

I think Lumiere Velvet Veena formula is better for oily. This is my medium coverage shade. It does contain oates. Sample kit available.

Current full coverage is Jenulence foundation concealer. It goes on matt.

I need a finishing powder and have lots. But the best for oil control is Lure finishing powder containing Rice Powder. I have Lure foundation samples and this would be a good choice also for oily skin. I like my Jenulence and Lumiere better for me. If you decide to order from Lure email them for colour suggestions. The finishing powder does not have good descriptions on the site IMO. They did email back quickly with the proper suggestion.

BTW I have tried finishing powders containing cornstarch (zea mays) including EDM and I just don't like the look. I did not have a reaction or anything bad; it just did not have a nice finish.

I am going to be trying another company. Melange has good coverage (I am told by MMU fans) and they have a formula for oily skin. The oily skin formula contains kaolin clay.

Mineral Makeup and Cosmetics by MeLange

Currently Melange is offering 20% off on full sizes.

I have tried about 15 MMU companies.

I really recommend Lumiere for oily skin. This is the best foundation I have found and I have tried many, including EDM and Meow. I use the Veena Velvet formula. It doesn't accentuate the pores and with Lumiere silk powder on top it lasts all day.

I don't have oily skin, but I love Lumiere. Either Veena Velvet or Cashmere might be your best bets for oily skin.

I'm not sure what it is about EDM, but even though I have really dry skin, my makeup would be completely gone within two or three hours. I didn't come over oily, but it was like the stuff evaporated or something. I know it works well for some folks, but it didn't for me. Lumiere, on the other hand, stays put until I take it off.

Originally Posted by Gavriela /img/forum/go_quote.gif I hate to say it but maybe you should sample a few other companies? If you're coming over oily in an hour, it doesn't sound like either one is working too well for you
frown.gif
[/quote
I think there is better choices for oily skin.

I have tried EDM matt and semi-matt. EDM just did not last on me (and others have the said thing)

No comment on Meow as I have not tried it.

I am very oily. I like to use a primer with kaolin clay. Also another good one is from Aubrey Nicole - oil control powder. Samples are .99 each.

I think Lumiere Velvet Veena formula is better for oily. This is my medium coverage shade. It does contain oates. Sample kit available.

Current full coverage is Jenulence foundation concealer. It goes on matt.

I need a finishing powder and have lots. But the best for oil control is Lure finishing powder containing Rice Powder. I have Lure foundation samples and this would be a good choice also for oily skin. I like my Jenulence and Lumiere better for me. If you decide to order from Lure email them for colour suggestions. The finishing powder does not have good descriptions on the site IMO. They did email back quickly with the proper suggestion.

BTW I have tried finishing powders containing cornstarch (zea mays) including EDM and I just don't like the look. I did not have a reaction or anything bad; it just did not have a nice finish.

I am going to be trying another company. Melange has good coverage (I am told by MMU fans) and they have a formula for oily skin. The oily skin formula contains kaolin clay.

Mineral Makeup and Cosmetics by MeLange

Currently Melange is offering 20% off on full sizes.

I have tried about 15 MMU companies.

hi there.. how are you? can I ask you please what is the full coverage foundation that you ever tried?

thank you very much

btw I tried meow concealer and its so good!

very recommended!

With EDM, have you tried putting on some finishing powder both before and after the foundation/concealer? I've heard it helps control oil quite well :)

Back