Help me with a question I didn't know how to answer!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My brother, who got his first job was asking me a question about hours, haha. Okay, so here is an example: say someone is working 2:30-6:30

He says it it five hours, counting like:

2:30, 3:30, 4:30, 5:30, 6:30

I say it is four hours, counting like:

2:30 - 3:30 = an hour

3:30 - 4:30 = an hour

4:30 - 5:30 = an hour

5:30 - 6:30 = an hour

so who is correct here? I want to give him an answer, I feel lame
stupid.gif

Haha, thanks, ladies.

4 hours!

LOL I have those moments sometimes too.. the other day i was thinking forever about what 6x8 was... i had to grab my calculator.. eventhough i was able to say 5x8=40 without thinking..

hahaha needless to say i felt lame too, while my customer was waiting for me to finish her purchase..

Yep, you're right. When he starts counting from 2:30 next time, ask him if he has already worked one hour at 2:30. Obviously no, and that's why he has to start from 3:30 as Celly said.

That always messes me up too hahaha.

you are my son and I have those disagreements all the time....as if I never had a job before lol

HOLD ON- you may be BOTH wrong!!!! did he have lunch? then maybe it's actually, 3.5 or 3 hours!

just wanted to add something new, hehehe

Yeah you're right. He's counting the hour between 6:30 and 7:30. I hope he uses those hours to pay you back
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back