Help! My eyelashes are spazzy!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, you know how every so often, you'll have an errant eyelash that goes in a funky direction? Maybe even more than one, and they're really annoying! Well...I am currently suffering from a bad case of freaked out eyelashes on both of my eyes!!! They are seriously messed up! My mascara looks horrible when I apply it as I have lashes going every which way.
icon_mad.gif
I can't imagine why this is happening (just lucky I guess) and I don't know what to do about it other than wait for them to fall out and grow back. I wonder...would curling them help? Maybe that would "set" them in the right direction. Only thing is, I've never curled my lashes before and I may be opening up a whole other can of worms.
icon_question.gif
Any help appreciated!

eeek! that sucks! i'm not sure how to fix them. i usually have like one messed up lash, but i end up pulling it out
icon_redface.gif
icon_redface.gif
icon_redface.gif
icon_redface.gif
icon_redface.gif
icon_redface.gif

i've been using mavala double lash to help them grow, so i think it's making them grow faster and the missing ones don't really seem noticble.

umm... i'm not sure what else to use to fix it though. maybe a primer ???

I know!!!! I would pull mine out too...it seemed when one was pointing in a weird direction, it usually meant it was loose and close to falling out anyway, so just a little tug, and... *ta da*, no more problem!

I'll usually get those 'funky' lashes if I end up sleeping on my face... or on my side and I'll get those bent lashes on one eye... curling them helps - and I also use Ardell Brow & lash growth accelerator gel
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Liz eeek! that sucks! i'm not sure how to fix them. i usually have like one messed up lash, but i end up pulling it out
icon_redface.gif
icon_redface.gif
icon_redface.gif
icon_redface.gif
icon_redface.gif
icon_redface.gif
i've been using mavala double lash to help them grow, so i think it's making them grow faster and the missing ones don't really seem noticble.

umm... i'm not sure what else to use to fix it though. maybe a primer ???

Originally Posted by glamslam I know!!!! I would pull mine out too...it seemed when one was pointing in a weird direction, it usually meant it was loose and close to falling out anyway, so just a little tug, and... *ta da*, no more problem! I was happy to read this! i thought i was weird for pulling bothersome lashes out lol yay i'm not alone
icon_biggrin.gif
my problematic areas are right at the corners.. the top get bunched up with the bottom and its annoying..

have you tried a lash comb? maybe u can comb them to all go in the same direction then from there curl it or apply mascara to get them to stay that way

MAVALA'S DOUBLE LASH!!!!!

whatshebuys.com for $14.50 with free shipping.

mine grew SOOOO fast. in 2 weeks, they were twice as long and full.

oh thats bad, i have one eye lash on the right eye thats like that, it really sucks i know what u mean with the mascara, its really hard to put on, im just waiting for it to grow maybe it will be normal again.
icon_neutral.gif

This really sux because I'm a lash freak. It's one of my favorite parts of doing my MU. Mavala...seems this brand is mentioned on another thread recently. I'll have to check it out. Especially for free shipping. I think it's time to invest an eyelash curler too...any suggestions for a novice?

It has done nothing for me also... I gave up after using over a month...

Originally Posted by Trisha im glad for you! its done nothing for me and ive used it for over a month now! I spose it really is YMMV x

Originally Posted by Jennifer MAVALA'S DOUBLE LASH!!!!!
whatshebuys.com for $14.50 with free shipping.

mine grew SOOOO fast. in 2 weeks, they were twice as long and full.

it helped mine more than talkia lipocils. it helped mine grow a little bit. i hade these short hairs on my right eye, and now they're all the same size
biggrin.gif

I love my Ultima II curler... I got it free as a GWP - but this thing is awesome!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha im glad for you! its done nothing for me and ive used it for over a month now! I spose it really is YMMV x what's ymmv?
confused.gif

trisha and lilla, are you putting it on your roots? if you just put it on the lash itself, it won't grow like that.

Originally Posted by Charmaine Your miles may vary
smile.gif
Oh I was wondering what that meant too~ !!
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by Charmaine Your miles may vary
smile.gif
are you sure? it doesn't make sense with what she said
confused.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer are you sure? it doesn't make sense with what she said
confused.gif
I had to re-read it too... I guess it's "might work for you... might not' lol At least thats what I'm taking it as
wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I had to re-read it too... I guess it's "might work for you... might not' lol At least thats what I'm taking it as
wink.gif
yeah, that makes sense! thanks!
thanks, charmaine
wink.gif

okay, back to topic. sorry LOL

Yay Millennium Jennifer
claps.gif
claps.gif
claps.gif
claps.gif
Welcome to the club
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I tried to put it on the roots... but just by touching the wand! Is there another way?

Originally Posted by Jennifer what's ymmv?
confused.gif

trisha and lilla, are you putting it on your roots? if you just put it on the lash itself, it won't grow like that.

Originally Posted by lilla Yay Millennium Jennifer
claps.gif
claps.gif
claps.gif
claps.gif
Welcome to the club
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I tried to put it on the roots... but just by touching the wand! Is there another way?

try doing it like mascara where you wiggle the wand at the base/ roots and then pull up.that might get the stuff down there

I'll give it another chance
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by Liz try doing it like mascara where you wiggle the wand at the base/ roots and then pull up.that might get the stuff down there

I occasionally have this problem with about 4 or 5 lashes on my right eye. I just put on a little mascara and then use a eyelash brush to "wiggle" them where they need to be and then I add another dab of mascara. That works good for me.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back