HELP! My lashes won’t curl

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, I’m really hoping someone in here has the answer to my crazy problem. I used to curl my lashes everyday (heat up the lash curl and use waterproof mascara). In Feb last year, I decided to get the lash tint and curl. After about 4-5 weeks, the curl was out so I went back to my old routine of curling and using mascara but now, my lash will. Not. Stay. Curled. I have reached out to the lady/salon who did the tint and curl and they’ve never heard of this issues. I’ve asked everyone under the sun and read so many answers on other forums but nothing works. I’ve tried buying different lash curlers with diff black pads including the ones that heat up themselves when you plug them in. NOTHING works. My lashes will stay curled for like 20 min and then they droop back down. Does anyone have any ideas ? I miss my curled lashes SO much. I have naturally long lashes and It’s the only makeup I wear. It’s been so frustrating to not be able to get them to curl again. Pic is of my lashes pre-tint/curl in Feb. help!!

Attachments

• 1B9028F3-D88C-42E0-8835-F1445EB79EC8.jpeg
    1B9028F3-D88C-42E0-8835-F1445EB79EC8.jpeg
    44.6 KB · Views: 16
Hi all, I’m really hoping someone in here has the answer to my crazy problem. I used to curl my lashes everyday (heat up the lash curl and use waterproof mascara). In Feb last year, I decided to get the lash tint and curl. After about 4-5 weeks, the curl was out so I went back to my old routine of curling and using mascara but now, my lash will. Not. Stay. Curled. I have reached out to the lady/salon who did the tint and curl and they’ve never heard of this issues. I’ve asked everyone under the sun and read so many answers on other forums but nothing works. I’ve tried buying different lash curlers with diff black pads including the ones that heat up themselves when you plug them in. NOTHING works. My lashes will stay curled for like 20 min and then they droop back down. Does anyone have any ideas ? I miss my curled lashes SO much. I have naturally long lashes and It’s the only makeup I wear. It’s been so frustrating to not be able to get them to curl again. Pic is of my lashes pre-tint/curl in Feb. help!!

How long did you hold your heated curler in place?

30 seconds is the minimum amount of time. And don't press-and-squeeze or pump the curler. Just squeeze and hold for 30 seconds.

Apply a curling formula mascara under your top lashes using a light coat and repeat 3x with a light coat. This will slowly build up the mascara layers without it being too heavy. Repeatedly applying thick coats above and under your lashes will only defeat the purpose.

I recommend using a mascara fan brush like the ones shown below.

Just transfer the mascara from the spooly to the fan brush and slowly brush through your lashes from below like you would combing your hair --- from lashline root to tip. Don't let the mascara dry (set) between each coat!

Also, before you begin, ensure that your lashes are clean and dry and free from any oils, tints and lash conditioners.

IMG_3690.jpg

Latest posts

Back