HELP! my skin tone is gross.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
okay. so whenever i wash my face it looks good. like right after cleansing! as the day goes on it looks worse and worse. i don't have acne (maybe like 3 little ones) but it's my skin tone that kills me. It will be all nice right after cleansing but then it will start to get a little red... then like my veins show when im cold (on my face) like on the sides and it just gets blotchy throughtout the day. My red scars (from previous bad acne) get more pronounced and yeah. I don't know why my skin does this. It also seems like my moisturizer starts making my face oily, like it isnt absorbed yet. Everything is fine when i get done washing my face in the morning!! How do i fix this wacky skin tone issue?? I want makeup-optional skin so so so so badly but i'll never be able to get it.
icon_cry.gif
Any suggestionssss

Originally Posted by whoaitschell okay. so whenever i wash my face it looks good. like right after cleansing! as the day goes on it looks worse and worse. i don't have acne (maybe like 3 little ones) but it's my skin tone that kills me. It will be all nice right after cleansing but then it will start to get a little red... then like my veins show when im cold (on my face) like on the sides and it just gets blotchy throughtout the day. My red scars (from previous bad acne) get more pronounced and yeah. I don't know why my skin does this. It also seems like my moisturizer starts making my face oily, like it isnt absorbed yet. Everything is fine when i get done washing my face in the morning!! How do i fix this wacky skin tone issue?? I want makeup-optional skin so so so so badly but i'll never be able to get it.
icon_cry.gif
Any suggestionssss
Funny you said makeup optional skin.I use philospophy 's makeup optional skin set and it is awesome,my complexion looks healthier and more glowly.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Also you sould use moisturizer only on the dry spots on your face not all over.

Opps,AND WELCOME TO MUT!!!!!!!!My name is Gwendolyn from NY,i am sure the other girls will give great advice ,wont be long
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Welcome to MuT! Is it possible that some of the products that you're using could be irritating your skin? You might want to think about seeing a dermatologist or professional esthetician.

As for the moisturizer, I feel the same way sometimes. It took me a while to find a moisturizer that was lightweight and didn't make my oily skin feel oilier. I ended up with Mary kay Velocity moisturizer, but I've been using some samples from Mario Badescu that I like too. I also try to use less of product on my face, and fewer layers of products (moisturizer, sunscreen, foundation, concealer, etc)

welcome to mut! i'm liz from california.

i say go to a dermatologist since you said that you get red and blotchy.

Originally Posted by whoaitschell

okay. so whenever i wash my face it looks good. like right after cleansing! as the day goes on it looks worse and worse. i don't have acne (maybe like 3 little ones) but it's my skin tone that kills me. It will be all nice right after cleansing but then it will start to get a little red... then like my veins show when im cold (on my face) like on the sides and it just gets blotchy throughtout the day. My red scars (from previous bad acne) get more pronounced and yeah. I don't know why my skin does this. It also seems like my moisturizer starts making my face oily, like it isnt absorbed yet. Everything is fine when i get done washing my face in the morning!! How do i fix this wacky skin tone issue?? I want makeup-optional skin so so so so badly but i'll never be able to get it.
icon_cry.gif
Any suggestionssss

Welcome to MakeupTalk Shell!

OKAY. i'm gonna tell you guys what i use, maybe that will help? At night i wash with philosophy purity to get the makeup off, then i do it again (but less) just to make sure its all gone. Then i use st. ives apricot scrub to exfoliate. Sometimes (like every other day) i use St. Helens Egg yolk mask. I then use hope in a jar, and some of the proactive lotion (the 3rd step). When i wake up i use purity again and then hope in a jar. That's all. I dunno if i have a weird skin condition or sumthing. I have friends that look so good with no makeup and im over here all glkdhaklgh, i can't get an even skin tone. I also get cold really easy, and you can see like blotchy veins on my legs and arms (and face). Oh, and my nose gets red. When i run and workout or get hot i turn bright red too. I have fair skin? is that what i blame it on? I also have scars... i scar easy! so im trying to get rid of my pronounced red scars and the blotchiness. It's crazay.
icon_neutral.gif

Originally Posted by Charmaine Welcome to MuT, whoaitschell! It's happened to me what you're talking about regarding the moisturizer. Right after I apply it, my skin feels oily and greasy. But I think it's just the moisturizer working, and since your skin hasn't absorbed it yet, it's still on the surface. That stops when I put my powder foundation on top...have you tried that or do you use liquid? You mean what kind of makeup?? Well I was using MAC studio fix, then i tried MAC studio tech, and now im just going around with all different stuff. I don't know what to use!! It seems like makeup stays on my face for a max of 12 hours. Is that how it is with everyone?? I wish i could just put it on like say at 10 and it stay till i got home like at 2 am? Everything isn't perfect tho
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by Liz welcome to mut! i'm liz from california.
i say go to a dermatologist since you said that you get red and blotchy.

Yeah i was thinking i should go to my doctors or sumthing. Do you think there is a pill for that? Like for blotchy redness i dunno. What is the prescription acne medication that helps scars and fights acne? Differin or retin-a or sumthing...

Originally Posted by Naturally If you get cold really easily ..or run cold when others seems to be normal ...get your thyroid checked. Seriously! I'm trying to think if any of the skin issues are related to thyroid (off hand I can't think of any but that doesn't mean they couldn't be) ..a site to look at for thyroid issues is thyroid.about.com ..it's a fabulous site.
Moisturizers ..everyone can use them ..and not just dry spots either ..even oily skinned gals need moisturizer ..just not the same kind! I think for starters ..stop scrubbing your face so much. You could be irritating it more by doing so much ..the 2 washes the exfoliating, the mask. If you exfoliate ..I'd lay of the mask ..don't do them the same day. Most companies recommend that you do not use a mask if you've used a scrub or exfoliating product ..too much.

Get a makeup wipe, try that for getting your makeup off, then wash. USE toner also ..after you've washed and before you moisturize ..toner will also help get rid of residule makeup ...and yes ..I'm a FIRM believer of toners! Find something with glycolic acid in it ..that will help loosen up that layer of skin that needs to be sloughed off ..part of the normal cycle in skin!

Is the proactiv lotion a spot treatment (not sure ..never used it)...or is it a moisturizer for acne prone skin ...if it's a moisturizer ..then only use one! Otherwise spot treat accordingly.

Hope these suggestions help ..or get you onto a good start.

what type of makeup wipes/removers are good??
icon_neutral.gif
i have a glycolic toner but stopped using it cuz i thought it was unnessesary. i'll try using it again. the proactive is a lotion but i use it to spot treat because it is drying.

Welcome Schell!
smile.gif
I agree with Kim, you might be just aggravating your skin more by scrubbing so much - I like Biore and MAC wipes... they're gentle on your skin - but work very well.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Welcome Schell!
smile.gif
I agree with Kim, you might be just aggravating your skin more by scrubbing so much - I like Biore and MAC wipes... they're gentle on your skin - but work very well.
wink.gif

The mac wipes are awesome,but they have a funny smell,its not bad just,funny,lol

here's an update: my skin is doing much better now. i think it was the addition of my glycolic toner!! (the proactive one). you see, i used purity made simple and it claims to be a makeup remover, pore declogger, and a toner in one so i thought i shouldnt use a toner. wrong. it has made such a big difference.
icon_lol.gif
now i just need to fine the perfect eye cream....
icon_redface.gif
haha.

welcome schell! happy to hear that you are seeing improvement by adding the toner. i have sensitive skin and i know if i exfoliate too much, my skin will freak. moderation is sometimes best.

i hope you enjoy mut as much as i have. the ladies and guy (Mr. t) are so wonderful! :icon_love

Originally Posted by whoaitschell here's an update: my skin is doing much better now. i think it was the addition of my glycolic toner!! (the proactive one). you see, i used purity made simple and it claims to be a makeup remover, pore declogger, and a toner in one so i thought i shouldnt use a toner. wrong. it has made such a big difference.
icon_lol.gif
now i just need to fine the perfect eye cream....
icon_redface.gif
haha.
terrific!!I hear oil of olay regenrist eye cream is really good ,my mom uses it and loves it.Glad you got your skin care regimen on track!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back