Help- odor won't go away

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My son was sick a few days ago and threw up on the carpet. I have steamed cleaned it several times. The smell just is still there. What could I use on the carpet and also on the lower side of his mattress?? Thanks

i remember when i threw up in my brother's room and we cleaned it up right away and it DID NOT go away at all, so we had to get a new carpet.

Thats like when we had a cat pee on our carpet the smell never went away. We just redid the carpet and put tile in. The smell might be stuck in the wood underneath.

If it soaked deep into the carpet and underlying pad chances are it will bever completely go away... Get some pet strength steam vac detergent with odor remover and dump it straight on the spot... Then let it set for a minute and vacume it up.. And then you may want to add some Febreze poured directly on the spot...

If its near the edge of the carpet you could always pull the carpet up, cut out the pad and piece in a new one and steam clean the back side also....

Good luck

Back