help, oily hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
normally i let my hair air dry then straight iron it, but lately after every wash my roots are extremely oily. it seems as if i havent washed my hair for a month. ive tried switching shampoos, using only shampoo, changing conditionar, no conditionar, nopoo, blow drying after wash, rinsing with only cold, or only hot. honestly, im tired of having yucky hair, and having it up in a pony. 

any suggestions??

please and thank you

You could try mixing a tablespoon of baking soda with 3 tablespoons clarifying shampoo.

Scrub hair well then rinse well.

Then rinse hair with 1 tablespoon vinegar with 1 cup water.

Then apply conditioner only to hair below chin level (stay away from roots)

If you can't find a shampoo that states it is clarifying, find one clear, is used to volumize or for thin hair. Pantene and Suave make good ones.

Also, make sure you wash all hair brushes, combs, pillowcases well so they aren't contributing to excess oil in your hair.

this probably isn't going to help much, but try washing your hair less frequently--when you constantly strip your hair of oils (especially with harsh sulfates), you're going to produce more sebum to make up for it.

I used to wash my hair every day, and I couldn't even wear my hair down on the second day because it was so noticeably greasy. after I started washing my hair every other day my second-day hair is fine.

have you tried shampoos that are SLS-free? if you change your routine, don't expect instant changes--it'll take some time to readjust. do you know specifically when/why your hair got greasy? like, do you think it has to do with the weather?

Hi,

Lemon Juice is actually a really good solution to Greasy Hair. I have a tutorial on youtube on how to create the lemon juice rinse and some other good tips to combating oily/greasy hair :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Have a great day

xoxo

I also agree with washing your hair less frequently. I used to wash my hair every day; now I wash it every 2-3 days. I've noticed that it's much less prone to looking oily and greasy.

Latest posts

Back