Help please-just got my hair highlighted

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK so im gradually going blonde and yesterday i went to get my hair highlighted again because my roots were badly showing (it had been 6 weeks since i last got my hair done)... and i got light blonde highlights and

what wasn't highlighted in foils, dyed a dark dirty blonde/light brown color. It looked really good there and my hairdresser usually does a great job... however, i have really dark brown hair naturally and my roots are still showing. I know she never gets down to my scalp when she does my hair but this time it just looks weird and i dont think im liking it at all. I feel really bad and dont know what to do.

Is it normal to not dye to the scalp when doing a dye or foil highlights?

Im not sure if i should just forget it and dye my hair myself.. if i should go back and say something or go somewhere else. Im way too nice and feel bad upsetting people. She's been my hairdresser for a couple yrs now but i really don't think it looks good by my scalp.

when i get mine done they always seem to do it pretty close to the scalp. I would probably go back in and just be really nice about it. Im sure she appreciates your buisness and would want to make you happy instead of going somewhere else. i wouldn't do it yourself though.

good luck!

i think u should go in and just say she didnt go down to the scalp, as i got my hair done lat yr with caramel foils and they were to the scalp, i wouldnt do it myself either, if ur still not happy next time go somewhere else!!

Originally Posted by redsoxgirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif OK so im gradually going blonde and yesterday i went to get my hair highlighted again because my roots were badly showing (it had been 6 weeks since i last got my hair done)... and i got light blonde highlights and what wasn't highlighted in foils, dyed a dark dirty blonde/light brown color. It looked really good there and my hairdresser usually does a great job... however, i have really dark brown hair naturally and my roots are still showing. I know she never gets down to my scalp when she does my hair but this time it just looks weird and i dont think im liking it at all. I feel really bad and dont know what to do.

Is it normal to not dye to the scalp when doing a dye or foil highlights?

Im not sure if i should just forget it and dye my hair myself.. if i should go back and say something or go somewhere else. Im way too nice and feel bad upsetting people. She's been my hairdresser for a couple yrs now but i really don't think it looks good by my scalp.

Hi there, sorry to hear about your hair. As a hairstylist myself, I would go back in and just let her know that you arent happy with your hair. And ask her if she could re do it. The problem is she didnt get the foils in tight enough to your scalp, which allows for slipping and leaving the demarcations. It is very hard to try to go over it to redo by yourself. If you still arent happy with her fix then i'd go somewhere else.

foils do not usually go all the way to the scalp

however an all over dye should go all the way to the scalp

yes an all over color should cover completely to the scalp..and if the foils are tight enough(like when i do them) it will be within 1/16" from the scalp and appear to be all the way to the scalp.

hey. thank you all for your replies. I washed my hair last night and it looked better afterwards. It might've been whatever products she put in my hair that made it flat looking and just not very good. I wish it was lighter and did go closer to my scalp but its not bad and i'll make sure to mention it when i go back.

Back