Help please!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My teachers at my school decided to take my ENTIRE grade camping for 2 days! And my skin is so horrible i can't be seen w/ out foundation i'm fine with out mascara and lip gloss but its just my skin, i can't stand it. I don't know if i'd go anyways,but if this is something i decide I want to do and can't cause everybody will see me and my horrible skin... i don't know it just has all this acne and scars
icon_cry.gif

I know how you feel - when my skin is broken out really badly, I don't want anyone to see me without my makeup. Actually, I just don't want to go anywhere when my skin is broken out, but that's another story...
wink.gif
Hmmmm! I'm trying to think of what you could do if you went. Do you have any mineral foundation? Those claim they can be worn overnight and not clog pores/cause breakouts. If you could use something like that, you could just sleep in it, remove it the next morning, then apply more. Sorry I haven't been of more help, but I wish I could be!

Hey girl, I am so feeling for ya right now! What a situation to be in. I know it sounds hard (maybe impossible) but I suggest you bite the bullet and just go. I'm not going to pretend I don't remember what high school was like, I know kids can be horrible. But I think if you don't go you'll regret it. A trip like that is bound to be fun and a great memory for you with your friends. Talk to other girls, I seriously doubt they're all going to go camping without any makeup. I bet they're bringing at least something! Whether or not their skin is bad, they have their insecurities too and I am sure they're thinking of ways to sneak in some makeup time. Just bring a bare minimum of foundation to quickly even out your skin tone in the a.m. If you take a minute to do it after you get dressed, nobody will even notice. Buy one of the long-lasting, transfer-resistant ones so you won't have to touch up. Even better if it's in a compact with a sponge, so you don't have to get your fingers messy. Make sure it's a perfect match for your skin tone because you'll be in natural sunlight which is very unforgiving.

And above all, remember, you are NOT the only one stressing about the trip! For all you know there's some kid in your class who still wets the bed. Don't get down on yourself ok?
smile.gif

Although it's been decades since I've been in high school, I still remember how self conscious I was of my complexion. I have battled my skin off and on forever, even recently. Last year, I completely broke out because I stopped nursing my daughter and whoooosh, my chin was covered with really painful zits. I exacerbated the problem by using harsh products, too. Anyway, I could cover up the redness, but it still looked bumpy and they hurt. I was very depressed about them, too. I didn't even want my husband to see me. My husbands family came to visit us for a few weeks, and I was so embarrassed about my skin that I would get up early to put on my makeup before heading out to make everyone breakfast. No one saw my bare face..and this was family. I think the hormones made their way through my system because my skin's calmed down and is now clear. But, I truly know how you are feeling. Like the other girls mentioned, if it makes you feel more comfortable, I would certainly dab on a bit of concealer or powder each morning. And, don't forget to smile, because people will notice that way before they notice your complexion.

smile.gif

aww:icon_love thank you all so much! I hope theres going to be flush toilets!

icon_sad.gif
grrr why do I have to have the worst skin in the grade!?

Thx!

Don't stress too much! All the other girls will be in the same situation as you, and I bet you're not the only one with acne. Take some foundation and a mirror along if you feel like you need it. If you see that it isn't so bad to be without your makeup one day then you don't have to use it. I assume that you'll be staying in cabins and have bathrooms and that sort of stuff, so you'll be able to do your makeup. Maybe you and your friends can do makeovers like at a sleepover party!

Hey Rachelle, dont worry about it, you're beautiful with or without make up. Listen, we'll just make sure that this is going to be the best camping trip ever! We'll get some red bull and load up on candy, rolo and cosmopoliton and its gonna be great! and besides, we can always take midnight hikes past the boys cabin....cough*carlos*cough....ahem...

Originally Posted by RubySoho Hey Rachelle, dont worry about it, you're beautiful with or without make up. Listen, we'll just make sure that this is going to be the best camping trip ever! We'll get some red bull and load up on candy, rolo and cosmopoliton and its gonna be great! and besides, we can always take midnight hikes past the boys cabin....cough*carlos*cough....ahem... LOL Shhhhhh!!!!! you don't know if who online can possibly be reading this!!! ahem.............cough*carlos*cough........:icon_r edf

Thank you all soo much! I just got back yesterday, and it was soo much fun! Even though i did have the worst skin there, most of them were putting on a whole bunch of make-up too. You all made me feel so much better
redface.gif
Thank you!

Originally Posted by usersassychick0 Thank you all soo much! I just got back yesterday, and it was soo much fun! Even though i did have the worst skin there, most of them were putting on a whole bunch of make-up too. You all made me feel so much better
redface.gif
Thank you! Glad that you had fun.

hmm...i know this won't help in the short run because it would take at least 4 days of usin the product to show any effects but if yu decide to take my advice i would swear by " the proactive solution" it's abit expensive but you don't need to use alot to clear up your skin. Though my skin was never to bad about 2 months ago me nd a friend both ordered it n i can barely remember how awful her skin looked before the fact. heres the site link if yu decide to look into it

http://www.proactiv.com/index.php?pa...9d511067083642

Originally Posted by usersassychick0 Thank you all soo much! I just got back yesterday, and it was soo much fun! Even though i did have the worst skin there, most of them were putting on a whole bunch of make-up too. You all made me feel so much better
redface.gif
Thank you! I'm so glad that you went and had such a good time. Your skin will clear up, but those good memories you'll have forever!
smile.gif

I am so happy you had fun on the trip!! In the long run it doesn't matter about your skin, it will get better over time!

You might want to see if your parents wouldn't mind taking you to a Dermatologist... They might be able to help get your skin under control quickly.

Latest posts

Back