help w/ bridal shower gift

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
my friends shower is on the 15th, and i have no idea what to get her. were assembling an adult goody basket for her bachelorette party, and ill just pick something in our price range for her wedding gift, but im confused about what type of stuff to get her for her shower. if racy stuff is for the bachelorette party, and the nice stuff is for her wedding gift, what the heck do i get her for the shower? is it supposed to be something else from the wedding gift registry? i did some hunting on line, and im still not sure what type of present its supposed to be. shes the first of my friends to get married. (can you tell, since im clueless?)

Being a married woman and having been to a few bridal showers, the best gift you can give is something that will help her cut expenses before the wedding. If you know what salon she goes to, give her a gift certificate to help fund her wedding hair or nails/pedicure. Or a gift certificate to a department store if that's where she buys her makeup. She may be thinking about buying a new lipstick or blush for the wedding.

You can even give her nice bath products to help her decompress after a long day of wedding planning. This may give you an incentive to shop for more Lush goodies!
icon_wink.gif

At my bridal shower, I received a lot of picture frames and engraved stuff. Ummm, thanks everyone...lol!

You should ask the gals organizing the shower if there is a theme, ie: recipes, lingerie, garden etc. Great link from Harleymom -- I especially like the gift idea of a recipe, plus an item needed to prepare that dish.

Seems like everyone is getting married! I was at a wedding yesterday for a childhood friend and am actually going to a lingerie bridal shower this evening for another old friend! For the shower tonight, I bought her a piece of Victoria Secret lingerie and Urban Decay's flavored body shimmer in Champagne.
smile.gif

thanks everyone.
smile.gif
i dont know why, but i was spazzing out about it. probably because i only have a week to get her shower gift. i never even thought of getting her some makeup or B&B stuff. i dont have enough time to order from lush.
frown.gif
we went shopping for her wedding makeup together. im doing her makeup and another friend is doing her hair.

ill have to check out her B&B stuff to see what she already has. she loves origins, but has practically all of their products.

aaah, why couldnt she just have done a bridal registry?
smile.gif
ok, so B&B or measuring spoons. lol.

they were just over, and groom said hes going to urge his mom to get them the sheet set BF and i were going to get. darn. were going shopping on wednesday.

Originally Posted by haloinrverse my friends shower is on the 15th, and i have no idea what to get her. were assembling an adult goody basket for her bachelorette party, and ill just pick something in our price range for her wedding gift, but im confused about what type of stuff to get her for her shower. if racy stuff is for the bachelorette party, and the nice stuff is for her wedding gift, what the heck do i get her for the shower? is it supposed to be something else from the wedding gift registry? i did some hunting on line, and im still not sure what type of present its supposed to be. shes the first of my friends to get married. (can you tell, since im clueless?) When I got married and at all the other bridal showers I have been to, they all give things that are needed for the home. I got this really nice huge wicker basket (now used for laundry) But it was filled with towels, wash clothes, candles and two pair of house slippers 1 for me and 1 for my hubby. Something like this is easy and semi cheap and it looks pretty. OH and I had a huge ribbon around it with a big bow.

ok, thats another excellent idea.
smile.gif
they want 15 bath towels, and i thought that sounded like a lot, but thats just me. towels, hand towels and wash cloths would be good. now i have too many ideas! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ok, so i thought i was going to get towels for the shower gift, and a bedding set for the wedding gift. i ended up getting a flatware set for the wedding gift, and a ton of bits and bobs for the shower gift- spatulas, muffin tins, a pizza pan, a cutting board, two really cool solicone pot holders that you can just wash in the sink instead of laundering, a zester, etc. my girlfriend cant cook. at all. im going to the shower early tomorrow to help with the food because she cant even make hummus, bless her heart. the zester cracked me up. even i dont use a zester. i swear if she ever uses it, ill eat the zester. thats how sure i am that she doesnt need it. lol. i also made the executive decision that she didnt need this teeny tiny rubber spatula, and i got her two of the larger one that she registered for. not the most exciting presents, but i know shell love them, and theyre all gift wrapped and ready to go. phew! i got her so much stuff that they didnt have a gift box big enough for all of it, and the wrapping lady had to use a cardboard box. lol. i also got some really cool vintage bar ware reproduction glasses for myself. $2.50 each and they were 30% off. ahhhhhhh.

Latest posts

Back