Help with Acrylic nails

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For the last few weeks i have putting on my own acrylic nails.... i have become pretty good. But they only last for a few days without popping off. Its alot of hard work for little gratifiction!!!!!!!! I have used everything that came in the package such as the prep and clean and then a primer..... but they still are coming off way too soon, How do the pros get them to stay on sooooo long? I am so frustrated that any advice would be helpful! Thanks

maybe you need the surface to your nail to be rougher, like maybe file it to make it so?

if you get any acrylic on your skin or cuticles it is guaranteed to lift.. so make sure to leave a tiny space and not build your nails right up agains the cuticles..

This is why you put your ball of acrylic in the middle and push it towards the outsides with your brush
smile.gif

also, you need to make sure the liquid to powder ratio is right
smile.gif

There are a bunch of reasons airpockets can form and cause the nails to lift off..

I got 2 words for you!

Get Gells!

I post my nails here

They never break unless in dire need for a fill and super long

my nail lady is 9 yrs experienced I suggest u get one that has done it for a while

I seen some horrid newbie nail tech gel jobs

ok I misrread your post! need new glasses I guess

u doing them yourself!!

so disregard my last post

I do roughen the nails up but with a rotary grinder like the ones that the pros use......

I have use a diff. glue.... but its the acrylic that is coming off... the nail is what is staying........ and eventully the whole thing will come off and it looksw like a press on nail. I do tend to get some on my finger..... but i file it off. Maybe thats what tthe problem is....... UUUGH! Lost another one just sitting here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! $%&*($@

Are there any nail techs by trade here?

Originally Posted by Sreyomac /img/forum/go_quote.gif I do roughen the nails up but with a rotary grinder like the ones that the pros use......I have use a diff. glue.... but its the acrylic that is coming off... the nail is what is staying........ and eventully the whole thing will come off and it looksw like a press on nail. I do tend to get some on my finger..... but i file it off. Maybe thats what tthe problem is....... UUUGH! Lost another one just sitting here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! $%&*($@

Are there any nail techs by trade here?

lildee! she already replied above.

Latest posts

Back