Help with appyling fluidlines

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liz

Reaction score
I used my macroviolet fluidline the other day and i had such a hard time!!

when i would try to make a line by dragging it, it would wipe away part of the line. it was driving me crazy!!!

any tips?

From what I have heard, the trick is not to drag it. You should pat it down and try to make a stright line.

i try to, but it gets like goopy, but if i wipe it off a bit, nothing goes on
icon_evil.gif

Hmm... I wonder why its not going on. If you haven't tried this, instead of putting on a liquid e/s primer, try dusting your lids with a bit of loose translucent powder so that the fluidline stays put when you pat it on. Perhaps your lids were a bit too moist.

Another thing you could try (this is totally experimental, from the top of my head so forgive me if this doesn't work), is dipping your eyeliner brush in the fluidline, and then into a little bit of vaseline to soften it up a bit...that way you can drag it on in a straight smooth line instead of patting on the color.

Good Luck!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

i'm applying my fluidlines after my eye shadows, so i have powder all over my eyes.

i don't know why it's not working for me. that's why i sold off the ones i didn't use
icon_confused.gif

maybe i should use a different brush...?

Originally Posted by Liz i'm applying my fluidlines after my eye shadows, so i have powder all over my eyes.
i don't know why it's not working for me. that's why i sold off the ones i didn't use
icon_confused.gif

maybe i should use a different brush...?

Liz, try using a e/l brush with synthetic fibres instead of real hair. That way, the fluidline won't stick to the hairs as much.

Originally Posted by ikebana Liz, try using a e/l brush with synthetic fibres instead of real hair. That way, the fluidline won't stick to the hairs as much. does mac have one?

Originally Posted by Liz does mac have one? Yep! I actually posted something about the synthetic e/l brush to someone else today. Its #209. There are others too, but 209 is my favorite. Another one you can try is #212-- the "Flat Definer": its square and flat, and especially great for lining the bottom lashline.
icon_biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back