HELP with e/s colours!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's my friend's wedding on Sunday and i'm wearing the sari that i've taken pics of - with and without flash.

Problem is, i don't know what colours to do on my eyes! I'm normally quite good with doing my eyes to match my outfits but this one has really got me!!

I own most of the MAC colours so feel free to make suggestions!

Thanks girls!

Forgot to say that most of the sari is the greeny-yellow colour. The blue is just on the borders.

nudes in pinky tones or peachy tones

or go lightly with greens

RICEPAPER (SOFT GOLDEN BEIGE)

HIGHTLIGHT<O
tongue.gif

JUXT ( SOFT GOLDEN GREEN)<O
tongue.gif

INNER CORNER EYE LIDS <O
tongue.gif

MEADOW ( MURKY GREEN, SHADED BY BLUE)<O
tongue.gif

OUTER CORNER EYELIDS TO BRIGHTEN EYE<O
tongue.gif

CLUB ( MUTED REDDISH BROWN DUOCHROME WITH GREEN OPALESSCENT) <O
tongue.gif

CREASE<O
tongue.gif

TARNISH EYE KHOL ( GREEN)<O
tongue.gif
</O
tongue.gif

TOP LASH LINE<O
tongue.gif
</Ohttps://forum.makeuptalk.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

HANDFORGED (GOLD)

LOWER LASH LINE<Ohttps://forum.makeuptalk.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif</Ohttps://forum.makeuptalk.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

<Ohttps://forum.makeuptalk.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif</Ohttps://forum.makeuptalk.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Bhav It's my friend's wedding on Sunday and i'm wearing the sari that i've taken pics of - with and without flash.
Problem is, i don't know what colours to do on my eyes! I'm normally quite good with doing my eyes to match my outfits but this one has really got me!!

I own most of the MAC colours so feel free to make suggestions!

Thanks girls!

Forgot to say that most of the sari is the greeny-yellow colour. The blue is just on the borders.

I'd go for turquoise blue to pick up the accent colours in your outfit. You could either go full on with e/s or I think a natural eye with a bright blue/turquoise liner like blue peep fluidline would look lovely. If you're going to play up your eyes I'd keep the lips nude or natural because the colours of the sari are so strong.

It's a beautiful sari Bhav, you'll have to take pictures for us
icon_cheesygrin.gif

you can wear just about anything with those colors!
smile.gif

Nudes taupes, and pinks would be pretty

YOu could go with berries on the lips, and then whites, lilac and grey on the eyes.

You could even be bold and wear tawneys with browns or gold/green

id go for nude/natural lips with gloss and use tones of green or light blueys/turqoise for my eyes with black fluid eyeliner, ive got a lovley pic of an asian model with your colour outfit on with beautiful make-up done by a top asian make up artist in UK, but have no idea how to send it you !

Originally Posted by Lealabell I'd go for turquoise blue to pick up the accent colours in your outfit. You could either go full on with e/s or I think a natural eye with a bright blue/turquoise liner like blue peep fluidline would look lovely. If you're going to play up your eyes I'd keep the lips nude or natural because the colours of the sari are so strong.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Someone did a FOTD similar to that, neutral eyeshadow with blue peep, maybe Andrea or Trisha? I'm not sure, but that sounds beautiful!

Originally Posted by Lealabell I'd go for turquoise blue to pick up the accent colours in your outfit. You could either go full on with e/s or I think a natural eye with a bright blue/turquoise liner like blue peep fluidline would look lovely. If you're going to play up your eyes I'd keep the lips nude or natural because the colours of the sari are so strong.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I agree with Lea: go for turquoise! It will really bring out the color in the sari.
Try this look:

Put "Peacock" (this was l/e) or "Freshwater" (veluxe pearl) on the lid.

Buff "Tilt" or "Shimmermoss" in the crease.

Blend "Shroom" on the browbone.

Line upper and lower lashline with "Light As Air", then smudge for a 'smoky' look with a blending brush or even and angled e/s brush.

Re-line upper and lower lashlines with "Peacock" or "Freshwater" (whichever lid color you use) with an angled e/s brush to intensify the eye pencil.

Have fun at the wedding~!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I think you could carry off a strong eye. Perhaps Fluidlines in Black to line, with a deep Turquoise e/s and a Deeper color in the crease. There's many options for that second color. You could go with black in your crease and under your eye. This will work best if your crease color is applied with a light touch and very well blended so that you have a nice gradation of color into the blue.

What type of wedding is this? I only ask because I was at a wedding last summer and it was an East Indian Wedding and the women looked absolutely drop dead gorgeous. I did notice that their makeup was applied very perfectly and with bold colors and strong lips too. They could carry it off because people with darker skin can get away with more than us pasty people. I couldn't stop staring at the women! They must have thought I swing both ways!..LOL
icon_smile.gif

I think Trisha's profile picture is like that. It's a bit of a signature look for me. I love the 50s starlet look, but I always mix it up by changing the colour of the eye liner and lip colour (turquoise and fuschia is my favourite combination). Actually thinking about it, Bhav could go for fuschia lips too, but I think you'd have to check that it wasn't competing too much with the colours in the sari.

If it were me, I'd do a neutral smokey eye because it'd be too much color for me, but it's up to you!!

I agree with Erica's suggestion Bhav. A neutral smokey eye would be good

Thanks for all the suggestions girls!

I like the idea of going with the blues on my eyes as the sari is predominantely (sp?) the green colour. My jewellery for it is also blue so this will also complement the eye look.

Gamaki - it's a traditional gujarati/hindu wedding. ANd yes, indian brides to tend to be very boldly made up!

Lea - i'll definitely get take pics on Sunday to post for you guys!

Originally Posted by Bhav Thanks for all the suggestions girls!
I like the idea of going with the blues on my eyes as the sari is predominantely (sp?) the green colour. My jewellery for it is also blue so this will also complement the eye look.

Gamaki - it's a traditional gujarati/hindu wedding. ANd yes, indian brides to tend to be very boldly made up!

Lea - i'll definitely get take pics on Sunday to post for you guys!

I saw a Wedding Story on TLC where the wedding had Indian elements (I believe the bride was Indian, groom American), and the bridesmaids and her had the red lips and dark eyeshadow, bindis...so beautiful! I love that dark olive-y skin tone, so many more looks work better on darker skin, IMO

Thanx again for all the recs girls!

I didn't get to take many pics as i was so busy on the day of the wedding running around doing things for my friend. I have got 1 pic though from a group shot - though you can't see my MU very well.

This is what i used on my eyes in the end:

Lucky Green in inner corner

Parrot on outer two-thirds

Tilt to blend the two together and to give a mermaid look

Deep Truth and Contrast to define outer corner

Naked Lunch on the brow

Blooz Kohl to line upper and lower lashes, with Freshwater over it

Blooz Kohl to line inner rims

Phew..!!

I also did the eye MU for my friend's 4 cousin's. I don't have any pics but i was happy with the way they all turned out.

I've also included a group shot with my friends and the bride and groom.

You look sooo pretty Bhav! I love your mu and the clothes. Everybody looks great in the picture also
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by Bhav Thanx again for all the recs girls!I didn't get to take many pics as i was so busy on the day of the wedding running around doing things for my friend. I have got 1 pic though from a group shot - though you can't see my MU very well.

This is what i used on my eyes in the end:

Lucky Green in inner corner

Parrot on outer two-thirds

Tilt to blend the two together and to give a mermaid look

Deep Truth and Contrast to define outer corner

Naked Lunch on the brow

Blooz Kohl to line upper and lower lashes, with Freshwater over it

Blooz Kohl to line inner rims

Phew..!!

I also did the eye MU for my friend's 4 cousin's. I don't have any pics but i was happy with the way they all turned out.

I've also included a group shot with my friends and the bride and groom.

Originally Posted by lilla You look sooo pretty Bhav! I love your mu and the clothes. Everybody looks great in the picture also
icon_smile.gif
Thanx!

Oh wow! You look beautiful girlie. Wish i could see a close up of your eye make up but it looks fab from the pic you posted. Did you have fun?

Originally Posted by Laura Oh wow! You look beautiful girlie. Wish i could see a close up of your eye make up but it looks fab from the pic you posted. Did you have fun? I didn't get time to take a close-up! It was such a hectic day!But it was really good fun as we were so involved in it all.

Latest posts

Back