Help with MAC foundation?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I recently walked into the MAC store and the SA told me about their new matchmaster foundation. She matched me to #4 and I liked it so much that I purchased it. I tried it immediately after coming home and I found that it looked a lot darker than what it had looked in store. So I exchanged it again for a #3 and the same issue 
frown.gif
 I went back to using pro longwear and I use NC40. I really do like the matchmaster because it has a great consistency. Its not like cream, but its very thick. I have pretty bad depressed acne scars on my cheeks so they look highlighted if I don't blend the foundation in properly...any tips to make the matchmaster work?? 

I use real techniques stippling brush to apply the foundation. I finish it with Maybelline Mineral Veil. I use the MAC prep n prime underneath. 

Where did you put the foundation on? In the bathroom? How is the lighting? Did you take a look in natural light?

When I put it on in the bathroom, it was looking natural as if I hadn't applied anything. That was because of the lighting. However, when I stepped outside in my backyard to check it in the natural lighting, it looked as if I was wearing a mask. I blend all my foundations down my neck and my chest and neck were of completely different color. I have tried various application techniques then, thinking that my foundation brush was the fault, but I think its the foundation itself...

I had the same problem. I'm 1.5 in Matchmaster and I noticed that when I would apply it with my beauty blender it looked very yellow and dark on me. But when I apply it with my fingers, in smaller amounts, it blends in with my skintone better and gives me a better match. Try using just a tinier amount of product than you'd normally use and go section by section on your face blending with your fingers.

I've noticed some Mac foundations look really good in some lighting and not so good in others

Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had the same problem. I'm 1.5 in Matchmaster and I noticed that when I would apply it with my beauty blender it looked very yellow and dark on me. But when I apply it with my fingers, in smaller amounts, it blends in with my skintone better and gives me a better match. Try using just a tinier amount of product than you'd normally use and go section by section on your face blending with your fingers.

Wow, so I am not the only one with the problem!! I have a sample of the #2 in matchmaster...I'll try to apply smaller amounts and blend it in. I think it happens because the foundation is very thick in consistency, so it tends to dry out faster.

Originally Posted by oOliveColored /img/forum/go_quote.gif

MAC foundations oxidize really badly. I won't use any of them for that reason.

Please let me know what do you use instead of MAC. They are the only ones who have foundation with strong yellow undertones. I have yellow undertones and I have never come across any other foundation that blends so well with my skin.

I only use the MAC StudioFix powder foundation, i've never tried their liquid. I refuse to use liquid foundation anyways, but if it helps..the powder foundation seems to match my skintone whether i'm inside or outside? 

I haven't tried their powder foundations. I use Rimmel Matte powder because that helps control my oil. 

Latest posts

Back