Help with MAC pigments!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK, I'm new to MAC and high end makeup LoL, although I have bought like 200.00 worth in 2 weeks, and i'm on my way :icon_love. Anyways, everyone is using pigments, and they are gorgeous! I want to get some samples off EBAY, but i need more information about pigments.

So give me all the info you got: best way to wear them, good colors, how to apply them, about the mixing mediums I could use, which ones are not eye-safe and why, etc.

Thanks in advance for your help guys!

Wow!! You are gonna get sooooo hooked on those wonderful little piggies!!
icon_smile.gif

I've been using pigments for a while and I wear them and apply them just like I do with pressed powder shadows except, I have to be a bit careful to avoid having the pigment fall all over my face. That problem is minor - with a careful hand and a bit of practice, the falling issue will not be a problem.

I use them w/mixing medium, but that's really not necessary. Water and Visine works just as well if you're wanting to apply them wet and get more vibrant colors. I also use them dry more often than not, and the colors are still beautiful and vibrant.

Many of them claim that they should not be used on eyes (I'm not sure exactly which), but I use them on my eyes and I've never had a problem. If you're still very concerned, there are a number of ladies on the board that can tell you which ones are not supposed to be eye safe.

Last but not least, some of the nicest colors to own imo are: rose, naked, tan, dark soul, coco beach (if you can find it), and golden olive. But there are SO MANY more really wonderful colors!! If you find a good ebay seller, then just go crazy and try them all whenever you get the chance. I have just about all of them and I have yet to meet a pigment that I dont like!!

Hope this helps!!! let us know what you find on ebay!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by PinkRibbons OK, I'm new to MAC and high end makeup LoL, although I have bought like 200.00 worth in 2 weeks, and i'm on my way :icon_love. Anyways, everyone is using pigments, and they are gorgeous! I want to get some samples off EBAY, but i need more information about pigments.
So give me all the info you got: best way to wear them, good colors, how to apply them, about the mixing mediums I could use, which ones are not eye-safe and why, etc.

Thanks in advance for your help guys!

Latest posts

Back