Help with oil breaking through

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I have been working on a foundation for myself, but I am having a problem with oil break through on my nose.  I have tried clay in my base and it helped a little then I tried a base putting silica in it since I have read so much about it helping others with oil issue.  I think it really made the oil break through even worse!!  Has anyone had that happen to them using silica????  I even tried it as a primer first before my foundation and it was worse!

Any ideas???

Thanks Pat

Hi Pat,

In my foundation for oily skin I use silica and Kaolin clay to help with oil. Plus we have an oil control powder with silica shells...they are SUPER ABSORBERS! Not good to have them in a foundation, as they will suck all the moisture off/out. But great as a finishing powder, because it then has the foundation as a barrier and just absorbs the oils seeping through.

So..you may want to try something like that using silica shells.

Thanks for the info!!  I was able to get a sample of the shells from Kobo. I couldn't find them anywhere else. But you need to buy a large amount from them :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I put it in my foundation and it did help more than just plain silica. I will try it in a finishing powder like you said instead.  I tried the clay too at about 5% and that helps also. Just not sure how much clay and silica to use in the foundation.

I'm trying to get good coverage, but I find that if you use to much zinc or td your face can look white in pics, but if you dont use enough you don't get good coverage.

Thanks again, Pat

Latest posts

Back