Help with this outfit!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is a top and long skirt. I'm not sure if I like it and I really don't know if the half boots go with the long skirt. Shoud I accessorize it differently, what should I do? HELP!!!! (Please ignore the funny look on my face.) Thanks.

73d3hox.jpg

hmm, well generally I'm not a fan of boots like that, they make my ankles look huge, lol.

I like the belt, definately keep that.. hmm. Other than that, the only thing I can think of is to wear pumps instead of the boots, or alternatively, wear a belt and matching handbag?

It definately needs some colour to brighten it up.

Good luck
smile.gif

I love the skirt and top. and the belt looks awesome. Not so sure about the half boots. Longer boots or pumps would be great.

Just some thoughts:

• maybe try longer boots?
  • black stocking or leggings to make it appear like longer boots.
  • i think if you tucked in the shirt and put the skirt higher on your midsection with the belt on top, it would look fabulous. =) i love that look.
  • pumps would look great.
  • adding small amounts of color would brighten it up a bit. [earrings, necklace, handbag, pumps]
hope i helped. take care. =)

See!! That's what I said about the boots... lol Maybe some black pumps... and some pink accessories... I love black with pink....

I totally agree with what everyone else has said - I think you look fabulous, and if you added strappy heels (I guess that's what 'pumps' are? I'm not up on my shoe vocab lol!) and a splash of colour you'd look even fabuolous-er
biggrin.gif

I too love the belt and the line of the outfit is lovely. I like the bright lippy for some colour, but also maybe something to match your gorgeous blue eyes - although I can't think what because I think adding a scarf or brooch would mess with the line of the combo.

Maybe a chunky blue/some other colour bracelet? Or even some brightly coloured dangly earrings. Also what I like to do is to make sure all the metallic colours I'm wearing are the same - so because the belt is silver, maybe have silver jewellery (excepting gold wedding rings of course).

Oh, and a smile
biggrin.gif

You look pretty much great though! You have a great classic, elegant style so you don't want to mess with the simplicity .

Wow I didn't mean this post to be that long sorry!

i think you should try taller boots or pumps.. Gold would go good with black so if you have a gold bag not too big and gold accessories-like some gold bangles but not too big either.

I would like to see that outfit with either longer boots or with pumps.

But other than that, I really like the outfit!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I would like to see that outfit with either longer boots or with pumps.
But other than that, I really like the outfit!
smile.gif

ditto

Thanks for all the suggestions!!! I really, really appreciate them!!!!

I have some thoughts about what to do, as soon as I get some black hels, I'll post a new picture. In the meantime, more suggestions, please.

Hey Priss-Kookie would do nice sheer black stockings, simple black pumps--and always the longer boots. Also go to Paula Young.com and look at the Chanel wig--would look really good on you. I think I want it too. Later gater

I would tend to go for a nice pair of heels. The short boots don't suit and I feel that with a long pair of boots the amount of black may be too much. Show just a little leg under the long skirt with some nice heels and it will look great. I think.

black boots to the knee and that outfit rocks! those short boots really only work under slacks imo. maybe some colorful bangles would work as well. cute outfit!

Swap the boots for a nice pair of Black peep toe shoes

Wear a silver necklace

Tuck the shirt in and add a big black belt

smile.gif

I would change the belt to a thick wide red belt and pop it with some red peep toes.

Latest posts

Back