Help!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey ... I'm new to this website, and wow. This is exactly what I've been searching for! But here's my situation. I'm 18 and I have a chronic problem with eye ichiness, so I'm constantly scratching the hell out of my eyes. Its a guilty pleasure, and I've been scratching ever since i was a lil girl! Because of that I have fine lines under my eyes, when in reality they shouldn't be there. and i was just wondering if you guys knew of any products that could remedy this. IM ONLY 18! its rather depressing. HELP!

WELCOME to the board lusciouslizzie !

I don't know if you will find that but I use "Celluvisc", it's to protect eyes, and before I clean them with "Dacudose".

Ask to a chemistry, may be they could helped you... no?

I will looking on the net to find the names in english, because they're frenh poducts.

Originally Posted by lusciouslizzie Hey ... I'm new to this website, and wow. This is exactly what I've been searching for! But here's my situation. I'm 18 and I have a chronic problem with eye ichiness, so I'm constantly scratching the hell out of my eyes. Its a guilty pleasure, and I've been scratching ever since i was a lil girl! Because of that I have fine lines under my eyes, when in reality they shouldn't be there. and i was just wondering if you guys knew of any products that could remedy this. IM ONLY 18! its rather depressing. HELP!

Hi Lizzie! Welcome to MakeupTalk! Hopefully we can assist with your problem. Have you seen a doctor? Possibly you should.

I am Tony, one of the admins here!

Welcome again!

Originally Posted by lusciouslizzie

Hey ... I'm new to this website, and wow. This is exactly what I've been searching for! But here's my situation. I'm 18 and I have a chronic problem with eye ichiness, so I'm constantly scratching the hell out of my eyes. Its a guilty pleasure, and I've been scratching ever since i was a lil girl! Because of that I have fine lines under my eyes, when in reality they shouldn't be there. and i was just wondering if you guys knew of any products that could remedy this. IM ONLY 18! its rather depressing. HELP!

Welcoming you to MakepTalk! Our home away from home! Hopefully you can get the answers here for your questions! Make sure you visit out reviews and swaps. There are alot of them there. If not contact a mod or an admin via a PM so they can assist you!

Again, welcome!

Originally Posted by lusciouslizzie

Since it is a chronic problem, I doubt that there is anything effective enough to buy over the counter. I would definitely talk to your derm. You would first have to take care of itchiness and dryness, before you can start treating your lines.

For over the counter products. in case you haven't tried already, try vaseline, nivea, cetaphil, or maybe even origin's never a dry moment. (heard great thinks about this one from origins, i use their line too). None of these are eye- treatments, just regular moisturizers. I haven't found an eye-treatment moisturizing enough to treat very dry skin. I do use neutrogena's right now, and since then, I haven't had the problem of dry skin in eye area that often. But when I did, I either used nivea or vaseline. Some people react to it though. But Origins gives out samples for free in their stores. Don't know if they do it online.. But I have a store near me, I could get a sample for you, and sent it to you if you wish....

These are just my personal experiences and recommendations. maybe somebody on the board will have better suggestions. Going to a derm would definitely help out..

Oh and yeah, welcome to Mut.
icon_redface.gif

Hi Lizzie, welcome to MUT! I'm Joy from Los Angeles. I have a similiar problem with constantly rubbing my eyes, though it's gone down a bit since I tossed out my old tube of mascara.
smile.gif
Oftentimes when my eyes itch at night, I'll get a wet washcloth and place it over my eyes and the itching will subside within a few minutes.

As for products to help with fine lines, check out the review center. Also, check out this thread here are some "holy grail" favorites from other users. I'm still looking for the perfect eye cream, for both fine lines and deep/dark circles. So we'll have to keep each other posted on this one!

Hey Lizzie! Welcome to MakeupTalk! I'm Janelle, from NY - glad to have you!! I agree with Destiny's reply... I would see a Derm. first. You probably do it subconsiously out of habit more than acdtually having a reaction or itch. And once you start rubbing, it'll really itch - so you keep rubbing... but maybe a derm. can give you a cream that will help relieve the itching... and maybe give some suggestions on makeup brands that will agree with you more (if they are furthering irritations) Good luck!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

thanks for the advice. yeah, the eye scratching is partly allergies, but mostly habit. hard to kick, too! i actually ordered a product off of HSN, essence of time eye gel and retinol stick, and im hoping itll be my little miracle. 18 and worried about wrinkles haha. so ill keep you posted as to whether it works. thanks!

Originally Posted by lusciouslizzie thanks for the advice. yeah, the eye scratching is partly allergies, but mostly habit. hard to kick, too! i actually ordered a product off of HSN, essence of time eye gel and retinol stick, and im hoping itll be my little miracle. 18 and worried about wrinkles haha. so ill keep you posted as to whether it works. thanks! Have you tried Benadryl or Cortizone creams?

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Have you tried Benadryl or Cortizone creams? i dont have too much of a problem with dry skin, and i had theses really great eyedrops that stung like crazy, but good crazy, it satisfied my urge to scratch without the actual scratching. i should probably get more of that. im just concerned about wrinkles. thanks for the help
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back