Help!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My skins going crazy. I'm 37 with oily skin but I've never broken out before until now. I keep getting terrible breakouts and big cystlike pimples on my chin only. I keep switching skincare and most for acne dry me out too much. Has anyone had any luck with Dermalogica, Kinerase, Epionch, Clarins? I need a good skincare regime fast. Any suggestions?

I've always heard that frequent breakouts around the chin were very possibly hormone related.

On top of what everyone else has said I might add that your shampoo and conditioner may be partly to blame. You may already do this but make sure you wash your face after you shower (especially in and around the hairline). Are you touching your face or frequently on the phone or a cell phone? I had a job where I was on the phone almost all day and broke out on my chin and jawline constantly. I started cleaning the phone religiously and made a conscious effort to not rest it on my face and the breakouts stopped. Also, resting your hand on your chin (whilst on your computer for example) is a really bad no no.

If I were you, I would seek out an appointment with a Dermatologist.

Secondly, I would try..toothpaste. It dries up acne and it may work for you. (cheaper alternative)

I use Sonya Dakar Drying Potion for a long while now and it works almost instanteously and i'm quite loyal to it.

I know that Neutrogena is quite a good line and they have this Acne Kit and I would give that a shot.

What I wouldn't do is over exfoliate and be gentle to your skin. Overscrubbing will just aggravate it more and that's a no no.

I would also try using an oily mask on your chin or problem areas only and see how that works.

I didn't get any pimples until I turned 23. I tried everything over the counter and ended up with patchy, itchy dry skin. I finally went to a derm and got Differin Cream. It changed my skin forever!! Now I don't even wear foundation.

I can really relate to this. I'm 45 and have always had bad skin especially on the chin in the later years (which I have heard is hormonal acne and I believe that since my hormones are going nuts right now). However, what I have really found that has completely cleared my skin in my opinion are three things - cleansing and masks: go to clareledor - she is my favorite - all natural things - I use her cleanser, toner and clay mask with jojoba beads for acne prone skin. She also has a super nice anti aging cream for acne prone skin which helps acne and also moisturizes but it does not make your skin greasy - mine is matte after using it. I just love love love all her products - they have really helped my skin. Also, the usual - lots of water, vegetables - stay away from junk food. And I think the most important also was taking probiotics - a really good one - I take it 3 times daily - look it up for skin - if your insides are messed up, it comes out in your skin and I won't be without my cleansing routine and my probiotics!

Good luck!

Thank u so much, this sounds awesome. Does clareledor have a website? I'd love to check this out, thank you again.

Amy

Yes - it is clareledor.com - you will really like her products. I've done lots of research on bad skin etc and ingredients in skin care products etc - she is really on top of what is good. It keeps your skin balanced which is what skin needs to be clear - I have used all the stuff out there for bad skin and the problem is most of the stuff dries out your skin which causes rebound oiliness and then more breakouts. Viscous cycle! Also - make sure you get your EFAs (essential fatty acids) - very important for good skin. Good luck and let me know how you like her products. Oh - and you only need a couple of drops of the cleanser for a nice lather so it lasts a really long time.

i'm 49 with oily, acne prone skin and i'm a huge dermalogica user. i currently use:

special cleansing gel-hg

daily microfoliant-hg

medicated clearing gel

skin hydrating mask-hg

multi vitamin mask

multi active toner

active moist moisturizer

all are great products, but not all are my hg products.

Back