Help!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone i'm new to this forum so i thought i should maybe introduce myself My name is alina and i'm from tampa florida and i'm 15 year's old and i have an obsession w/ makeup
frown.gif
..Newaise on w/ my problem just second's ago i tried 2 get advise from a talking robot also known on here as the bueaty goddess let's just say it wasn't very succesful so i was infirmed by a very nice Liz that i should post it here (Ty liz
claps.gif
)..So on w/ my post

I don't have a huge nose but it is big and i think it disstract's attention aaway from my other feature's it's Not wide it's more long and skinny if anyone has any suggestions on how i could make my nose apear smaller and b less of a disraction plz let me kno!!

Hahaha, the Beauty Goddess is an artificial intelligence that will spit out some general answers to you.
wink.gif

Anyhow, welcome to MakeupTalk from me Tony (the admin here)
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by curvacii0us

Hey everyone i'm new to this forum so i thought i should maybe introduce myself My name is alina and i'm from tampa florida and i'm 15 year's old and i have an obsession w/ makeup
frown.gif
..Newaise on w/ my problem just second's ago i tried 2 get advise from a talking robot also known on here as the bueaty goddess let's just say it wasn't very succesful so i was infirmed by a very nice Liz that i should post it here (Ty liz
claps.gif
)..So on w/ my post
I don't have a huge nose but it is big and i think it disstract's attention aaway from my other feature's it's Not wide it's more long and skinny if anyone has any suggestions on how i could make my nose apear smaller and b less of a disraction plz let me kno!!

hi! would you be willing to post a pic of yourself to give people more of an idea of what kind of advice to give?

i know that people contour their noses to make them smaller by highlithing the bridge area of the nose with light shimmery product and using a bronzer type of color on the sides of the nose. maybe if you swiatch that around, it might get the affect that you want??

Hi!
smile.gif

I have used shading on many a nose to tone down certain characteristics of different noses. It works but it does not work miracles. I do it on myself if I am going somewhere really special and want to look my best. You can actually shade and highlight all the contours of your face to give a more defined look. It may take you some time and practice to get it right because it really is not an easy thing to do. Perhaps it might be worth it for you to save your money and go get a makover at your local MAC store and ask them to show you how. It's really tough to explain to you how to do it over the posts. It really needs to be shown. You will need two colors. One that is lighter than your skin and another that is darker. This can be in the form of liquid foundation or regular powder eyeshadows in neutral colors. (nothing too shimmery) Practice practice, practice and blend, blend blend!

The other thing you should consider is that the more defined your eyes, the more the focus is off your nose and on your eyes. Having a beautiful eye application really balances your features. Try to be happy with what you have. I know it's easier said than done but you are so young still. You need time to grow and blossom into yourself.

However, I know exactly what you are talking about. I myself hate my nose and still consider a nose job a viable option. I need more time to think about it. I wouldn't do it anytime soon though.

Has anyone here had a nose job? What was it like and are you happy with the results?

Hi Alina,

My name is Lisa and I'm also from Tampa Fl,

I agree with the others here about the contoring. But you do have to do it right or it will turn out bad.

Lisa

welcome to MuT Alina, as Liz said, itd be helpful if you posted a picture of yourself xxx[/QUOT
Alright would some1 b nice enough 2 plz try and insrtuct me on how 2 post picx lol..I'm kinda clue'less w/ technology
frown.gif
..Thnx 4 the help so far every1 it's VERY much appritiated

Originally Posted by Trisha we have this great forum called How To..., for info on how to post a picture, please click here!

Alright..there we go ty trisha
smile.gif
..Wow so many nice people on here
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Curvaciiiious,I looked at the picture and think you are a beautiful young girl and your nose is beautiful too. Like I had mentioned in my last post, if you are really bothered by it, consider getting your Mom to take you to a reputable makeup company counter and get them to show you how to contour your nose. You can take a foundation with a slightly darker hue than your skin and take a very small amount and try applying it gently at the tip and slightly around the bottom close to the opening of your nostrils. It's pretty hard to describe exact placement. The slightly darker hue will shade any areas you put the foundation. Just don't leave any un blended or you'll look hideous.

awww. i don't see anything wrong with your nose! you're very pretty btw

Welcome Alina! I'm Janelle from NY - nice to meet you!
wink.gif
I think your nose is pretty! And so is the lipgloss you're wearing... lol What is it??
wink.gif

Hi!

Welcome

I'm 15 too.

ANDi also have a nose that i despise,its so big
icon_sad.gif

But i dont think your nose is distracting from your face and BTW you are really pretty.

I also want to know what lipgloss your wearing?...lol

Originally Posted by Trisha agree shes really pretty!
Gald you figured out how to post a pic!! x

icon_redface.gif
..Lol ty every1 for all the compliment's and i must say every1 i've seen on here so far is stunningly beautiful. N once again ty trisha for helping my clueless self
icon_cheesygrin.gif
..Like i said ealier i still can't get over all the very nice people on here, And it's nice 2 meet u all!!, I'm probly going 2 do xactly wat she told me 2 do got save up and get a makeover and mac and ask them 2 shjow me how 2 do it..Once again i can't thank u all enough for trying 2 help mexoxox Alina

Originally Posted by curvacii0us
icon_redface.gif
..Lol ty every1 for all the compliment's and i must say every1 i've seen on here so far is stunningly beautiful. N once again ty trisha for helping my clueless self
icon_cheesygrin.gif
..Like i said ealier i still can't get over all the very nice people on here, And it's nice 2 meet u all!!, I'm probly going 2 do xactly wat she told me 2 do got save up and get a makeover and mac and ask them 2 shjow me how 2 do it..Once again i can't thank u all enough for trying 2 help mexoxox Alina

it's no problem
smile.gif
and yes, the girls on here are wonderful! everyone is so nice
smile.gif

when you go to mac, you might want to look around at the makeup artists. see any whos makeup you like. or if they're actually doing a makeover, kind of peek over to see if you like what they are doing. just remember that mid makeup applications always looka little funky because they might not be finished blending and all of that. lol

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Welcome Alina! I'm Janelle from NY - nice to meet you!
wink.gif
I think your nose is pretty! And so is the lipgloss you're wearing... lol What is it??
wink.gif
I honestly don't remember i took that pic last month wen i had a fetish w/ starburst flavored lip gloss's (Don't worry i'm o-k now
icon_rolleyes.gif
) so as i was saying it's probly cherry flavored or strawberry flavored starburst flavored lip gloss..For the price of it it work's reall good
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Charmaine Wow you are so gorgeous! I love that picture. Are you wearing eyeliner? Yes lol ALOT of it just 2 klinda give it that dramatic effect i was going 2 a teen dance club so yea dramatik is good n those type's of place's..N ty very much 4 the compliment i'm far from geaourgous But still ty 4 being sooo nice
smile.gif

xoxox Alina

curvii...you are gorgeous! stunning. really. don't worry. NO ONE, besides yourself, thinks your nose is too big, long, short, thin, crooked, etc...

your nose looks perfect for your lovely face.

Not to make light of the situation, b/c I know that no matter what people say...you may always think your nose is just not right for you....but I think it's spectacular and if you're willing to swap I can include a free foundation so it will match your skin. - Seriously though....your nose, your facial features, lips and eyes are excellent. I do hope you find the answer you were looking for at the MAC counter (or wherever you decide to go).
icon_smile.gif

Just so you know I have nose insecurities, too, but the way I figure it...if I were to ever change, I wouldn't be me anymore.

Curvi I am jumping on the bandwagon to say that OMG you are BEAUTIFUL!! I also sometimes think I have a too large nose for my face, and eventually you just have to get to the point where you just realize that if you change something about yourself, you won't really be you anymore...

I totally believe in embracing your whole self, and while I don't always like my nose, I would feel odd about getting a nose job and feeling like I was looking at someone else's face in the mirror for the rest of my life.

Btw, your skin and lips are amazing!! Ultimate hotness!

Latest posts

Back