Henna

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi does anyone know how to remove henna from hair? its such a pain the top half of my hair is brown (my natural color) and the bottom half starting around my ears its red from the henna....i did a search on henna removal and lots of other sites said to use mineral oil and alchohol......i tried that and all it did was damage my hair and i had to get about 3 inches cut off

Originally Posted by blaymoun hi does anyone know how to remove henna from hair? its such a pain the top half of my hair is brown (my natural color) and the bottom half starting around my ears its red from the henna....i did a search on henna removal and lots of other sites said to use mineral oil and alchohol......i tried that and all it did was damage my hair and i had to get about 3 inches cut off awww--- go to a pro beauty supply and pick up METALEX, that should do it!

Originally Posted by MacForMe awww--- go to a pro beauty supply and pick up METALEX, that should do it! Finally! Someone else that knows about Metalex!!! lol
wink.gif
I tell people about it and they look at me like I've got 3 heads!!

And welcome Blaymoun!!! I'm Janelle from NY - nice to meet you!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

PS... If the Metalex doesn't work, you're probably going to have to go to the salon for a color removal.
icon_neutral.gif
Henna is usually pretty tough to remove.

Originally Posted by blaymoun hi does anyone know how to remove henna from hair? its such a pain the top half of my hair is brown (my natural color) and the bottom half starting around my ears its red from the henna....i did a search on henna removal and lots of other sites said to use mineral oil and alchohol......i tried that and all it did was damage my hair and i had to get about 3 inches cut off Welcome to MUT!

thanks for the welcomes......i hope this stuff will work .....i hate to cutt off my hair......i am in nc....but not the hillbilly part...haha

Originally Posted by MacForMe awww--- go to a pro beauty supply and pick up METALEX, that should do it! i put the metalex in my hair 3 different times and it still did not work...any other suggestions besidies cutting my hair off?

yes it was pure henna i bought in in a specialty store.....one for middle eastern people

Hi!

Welcome! I am Indian and i have put henna in my hair as well...usually after 6-10 weeks it should wash out...but i think in your case it is stuck with you forever. I think you may have to cut it off slowly. I am will be seeing a henna artist this weekend, if a come across any info from her i will let you know

Good luck

Moneeka

Back