Here I am! and I can see you all by myself!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hurrah!! my eyeball surgery went alright and here I am!! I can see! it's pretty exciting, I can read and watch tv but it does get painful sometimes.

The worst part was the first day just after I got it done. Walking out of surgery the anasthetic was already wearing off and by the time my sister and my mum came to pick me up it was excrutiating. I had all the pain relief thingies I was allowed to have and then had a sleep, and by 8:30 I woke up and felt fine.

It's been painful on and off since then but not unbearable like it was at first. The vision is pretty good, it's only a little bit blurry and it should get better over the next 10 days.

If you want to hear more about the actual proceedure I'm happy to tell you all about it if you have any questions, LOL.

BTW, just an update on the BF and his car accident status - the woman has been charged with 'negligent driving occasioning actual bodily harm' which is apparently quite serious. He had surgery to have a plate put in his right hand and got dischaged today, so the crippled man and the blind girl are not doing too badly all round.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and I'll SEE you on the boards!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Great news. I remember how excited my best friend was when she didn't have to wear her glasses or contacts anymore. Congratulations!

Glad the surgery went well. I loved the imagery, the blind leading the cripple. Your positive attitude must be a bright spot in the life of everyone around you

What kind of eye surgery did you get?

I am going to assume it was laser. Anyways, did you know, after the surgery, you're not supposed to focus your eyes too intently on things (reading, watching tv.. just a hint!)?

Did you get your goofy goggles? hehe

Well, Congrats!

Yay I'm glad it all went well! and good on you, being so positive throughout everything!
smile.gif

Congrats on getting your eyesight back
smile.gif

glad to hear your surgery went well !
smile.gif
that's also great for your bf. crippled man and blind girl lol, i hope you both will be better soon !

I'm glad your surgery went well and that your okay. Sorry to hear about your boyfriends surgery from the accident. I hope both of you have a speedy recovery.
smile.gif

lol, it was PRK eye surgery. It involves laser but is slightly different in the preparation (they dont cut the eyeball, they scrape off cells instead) I asked my doctor and she said I could go on the computer a little. I try to limit myself but I miss mut, LOL

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif lol, it was PRK eye surgery. It involves laser but is slightly different in the preparation (they dont cut the eyeball, they scrape off cells instead) I asked my doctor and she said I could go on the computer a little. I try to limit myself but I miss mut, LOL Hahah, find someone to read it to you!.....just kidding. Glad your both doing so well!!!

Yay!! I'm glad you and the fella are doing well. It's kinda sweet that's your both crippled, having surgeries and such. You can take care of each other, or try, lol.

That's great girl! I'm scared to death of eye surgeries or anything of the sort I don't know if I could go through it... are you awake during the procedure?

Originally Posted by Christie ann /img/forum/go_quote.gif Glad the surgery went well. I loved the imagery, the blind leading the cripple. Your positive attitude must be a bright spot in the life of everyone around you Total agreement!

Latest posts

Back