HEY MAC employees! And anyone else who wants to help!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK so I'm moving to Lubbock in a little over 2 months, and there is a MAC counter there. YAY! So, I'm gonna need a part time job there, as I will be a college student and will desperatly need money
smile.gif

So ok, I need your help!

What kind of people are they looking for, that you have found in your opinion?

What is the interveiw like?

Give me any tips that you think would help in my scoring a job there!

Thanks guys!

I dont know macs process,but i do think your amazing personality will definetly be a big plus!Good luck girlie
icon_cheesygrin.gif

yes! tips please! i want to apply to my counter also.

they tell me i should apply. but i don't have ANYONE to do the makeup on
icon_redface.gif

they told that i know a lot about the products which is a plus.

of course a good, upbeat attitude is good.

Originally Posted by Charmaine Liz and Ash, you guys would be such great assets to any MAC counter! I wish I lived near you Liz so you can make me over
smile.gif
hehe! that would be fun! do you know how to make filipino food? because i don't and always get cravings. lol

Originally Posted by Charmaine Sorry, I don't know how to...I can take my mom with me though! LOL
icon_lol.gif
lol. ok!

You first have an interview and then if you pass that, you have to get through the demostration interview part. Yup, you have to show them you know how to apply make up on someone else. I hear you get 45 minutes and they tell you what you have to do. Either a day to night look, re-create a look, or give you a scenerio, like someone going to prom or something. And then once you pass that, there is another interview. I know someone who has gone on 5 interviews for them.

Good luck!

Wow! that's a lot of them....
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by FacesbyNiki You first have an interview and then if you pass that, you have to get through the demostration interview part. Yup, you have to show them you know how to apply make up on someone else. I hear you get 45 minutes and they tell you what you have to do. Either a day to night look, re-create a look, or give you a scenerio, like someone going to prom or something. And then once you pass that, there is another interview. I know someone who has gone on 5 interviews for them.
Good luck!

Originally Posted by FacesbyNiki You first have an interview and then if you pass that, you have to get through the demostration interview part. Yup, you have to show them you know how to apply make up on someone else. I hear you get 45 minutes and they tell you what you have to do. Either a day to night look, re-create a look, or give you a scenerio, like someone going to prom or something. And then once you pass that, there is another interview. I know someone who has gone on 5 interviews for them.
Good luck!

Oh my word, 5 interviews! That's crazy talk! But well may be worth it...

Yes 5 is alot but she was apply at Nordstroms, so it was one with the cosmetic dept manager, one with HR of Norstroms, one with MAC counter manager, the make up demo interview, then another interview with MAC. But you know each store and counter is different. But she loves it..actually she called me sunday about an event coming up.

Check out the Memorable Entries on the MAC Cosmetics group in LJ. They have a lot of info there.

Good luck!

I haven't tried out for MAC, but it's pretty hard, so I hear. You get a certain amount of time to create a look on a model that you bring. Pretty sure you have to try out more than once!

Good luck!

Hope it works out for you Ashley!

Think of the discount as inspiration!!

I checked online with MAC and their suggestion was to apply at the department store and REQUEST MAC.. Other then that, i wish i knew, cuz so many people tell me I SHOULD work there, including the SA's! But i think they are just being nice. I think, when i go back to MAC at MAcys, i am going to ask my SA Kristin what the deal is.. Maybe she will tell me..

Latest posts

Back