Hey whats up for the holiday?memorial day

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone just wondering what plans you guys have for memorialday weeknd.My husband and I are going to a barbq at our friends house that just got married.Ive been working out all week so i should be able to cheat a little bit
icon_wink.gif
We love hanging out with our friends when we get the chance ,and my husband and I havent been out with each other in a while so im looking foward to it.

Originally Posted by nydoll23

Hey everyone just wondering what plans you guys have for memorialday weeknd.My husband and I are going to a barbq at our friends house that just got married.Ive been working out all week so i should be able to cheat a little bit
icon_wink.gif
We love hanging out with our friends when we get the chance ,and my husband and I havent been out with each other in a while so im looking foward to it.

Welp, we'll just hang out by our pool and BBQ a bit. Possibly walk down to the beach since we live so close. June gloom (marine overcast) has set in here in Southern, CA near the coast, so it might not be a super nice weekend. Oh on Sat, we'll see Star Wars again!

Weather sucks,Ihate it.AHh but at least you have star wars!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Have fun and enjoy your family.

We are going to our lake home at Lake LBJ in Texas. Rain and/or thunderstorms are in the forecast.
icon_rolleyes.gif
I'm still looking forward to it and it will be a good time! We are having some family come as well. We'll be boating and bbqing!
icon_cool.gif

I am going camping for the weekend, my dh's birthday is tomorrow so I am HOPING i get his prezie in the mail on time! I already gave him a cd burner, but I ordered 2 books on ebay for him that he wants. I hope they come in today!!!

Hubby is taking all next week off and my summer classes haven't started yet, so we will be visiting my family for a week! I haven't seen them since Christmas so it will be a lot of fun! Hubby and I are also going to eat the top layer of our wedding cake which is my parents' freezer, and spend a few nights at Branson, Missouri for an early anniversary celebration
wink.gif
(Our actual anniversary is in July but I will be taking classes then.)

Originally Posted by girl_geek Hubby is taking all next week off and my summer classes haven't started yet, so we will be visiting my family for a week! I haven't seen them since Christmas so it will be a lot of fun! Hubby and I are also going to eat the top layer of our wedding cake which is my parents' freezer, and spend a few nights at Branson, Missouri for an early anniversary celebration
wink.gif
(Our actual anniversary is in July but I will be taking classes then.)
Thats so romantic,hope you guys enjoy yourselves and your family
icon_wink.gif
My 3rd wedding anniversary is coming up in june,excited bout that
biggrin.gif

everyone's plans sound good! NY's been having the CRAPPIEST weather all week, but i'm not sure how it'll be this weekend.

my family's never done anything for memorial weekend. it's just another weekend to us LOL we all need our rest, though, and i work on monday
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Naturally

We wanted to rent Harleys (mine needs LOTS of TLC and dh's is being rebuilt) ..but they wanted $1000 for deposit ..that's not including the rental fee! So ..we're going to drive over to Washington DC on Sunday because it's Rolling Thunder (something dh and myself have participated in years ago). We'll drive to metro station (subway) and go to where the Vietnam Memorial is (well closest stop) and walk over. There usually is about 300,000 motorcycles that convene at the Pentagon parking lot and ride a certain path around DC ending up at the memorial. It's always been a tear-jerking/moving ride because of all the Vets waiting at the end of the run to wave at you! VERY MOVING. So we'll take the kids to see that ...walk around some ..see the WWII Memorial ...then head home later in the afternoon. Just bbq or whatever with family rest of time!

OH i would like to go to that also since I am a VETERAN too! Give my wishes pls, KIM

Originally Posted by Naturally We wanted to rent Harleys (mine needs LOTS of TLC and dh's is being rebuilt) ..but they wanted $1000 for deposit ..that's not including the rental fee! So ..we're going to drive over to Washington DC on Sunday because it's Rolling Thunder (something dh and myself have participated in years ago). We'll drive to metro station (subway) and go to where the Vietnam Memorial is (well closest stop) and walk over. There usually is about 300,000 motorcycles that convene at the Pentagon parking lot and ride a certain path around DC ending up at the memorial. It's always been a tear-jerking/moving ride because of all the Vets waiting at the end of the run to wave at you! VERY MOVING. So we'll take the kids to see that ...walk around some ..see the WWII Memorial ...then head home later in the afternoon. Just bbq or whatever with family rest of time!
Thats sounds really cool!What a great thing to share with your kids.
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer everyone's plans sound good! NY's been having the CRAPPIEST weather all week, but i'm not sure how it'll be this weekend.
my family's never done anything for memorial weekend. it's just another weekend to us LOL we all need our rest, though, and i work on monday
frown.gif

Yeah, we normally don't do anything for Memorial Day either, but since I just have a few weeks off from class we are taking advantage of it
smile.gif

BTW they said on Regis and Kelly today that NY's weather was supposed to warm up this weekend to the 70's ... I'm hoping it's at least in the 80's in Missouri next week, because we want to ride water rides in Branson!
biggrin.gif

Taking my daughter to see Madagascar tomorrow. She is 5 and can't wait to see it
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by lilla Taking my daughter to see Madagascar tomorrow. She is 5 and can't wait to see it
icon_smile.gif
We'll be going to see that tomorrow as well. My son's been buggin me all month...but he doesn't understand why we can't get the movie to bring home(like a dvd) I think we'll probably have a little private BBQ by the pool as well...it's been a crazy week and I really don't feel like being around too many people, so maybe just me, my man, my little man, and the handful of folks we have around us everyday...nothing big

That sounds good. I wanted to have BBQ but we'll see what the hubby will say. He just got back from La and didn't get to talk about it much.

Originally Posted by envymi We'll be going to see that tomorrow as well. My son's been buggin me all month...but he doesn't understand why we can't get the movie to bring home(like a dvd) I think we'll probably have a little private BBQ by the pool as well...it's been a crazy week and I really don't feel like being around too many people, so maybe just me, my man, my little man, and the handful of folks we have around us everyday...nothing big

Originally Posted by envymi

We'll be going to see that tomorrow as well. My son's been buggin me all month...but he doesn't understand why we can't get the movie to bring home(like a dvd) I think we'll probably have a little private BBQ by the pool as well...it's been a crazy week and I really don't feel like being around too many people, so maybe just me, my man, my little man, and the handful of folks we have around us everyday...nothing big

DVD? it's just out this weekend

Hopefully, we can get outta work earlier tomorrow!! Visiting a couple of friends, then going to a pig roast on Sunday down by the water, hope the weather holds up!! (Lately, in NY its be disgusting - feels more like March, than May) !!
icon_mad.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) DVD? it's just out this weekend I know, but my son doesn't understand that we can't go the store to buy it yet...he wants to bring it home to watch, I told him we'll got to the theater to see it on teh big screen, but he'd rather see it at home with all his toys and food and stuff
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by envymi

I know, but my son doesn't understand that we can't go the store to buy it yet...he wants to bring it home to watch, I told him we'll got to the theater to see it on teh big screen, but he'd rather see it at home with all his toys and food and stuff
icon_smile.gif

Yeah food and toys are the best!!!! lol for me anyhow...how old is he again?

Originally Posted by nydoll23 going to a barbq at our friends house that just got married. Me too! My friend got married a while back and is having a BBQ on Saturday to celebrate it with her/his friends. Another friend of mine and I are taking her to the MAC PRO store before hand to get her a make-over and I am getting one too. Whoo hoo!! I think I may also see the movie Crash. Besides that, I am just going to enjoy the beautiful weather that we are having in Northern Cali.

Originally Posted by Marisol Me too! My friend got married a while back and is having a BBQ on Saturday to celebrate it with her/his friends. Another friend of mine and I are taking her to the MAC PRO store before hand to get her a make-over and I am getting one too. Whoo hoo!! I think I may also see the movie Crash. Besides that, I am just going to enjoy the beautiful weather that we are having in Northern Cali.
sounds like fun
icon_biggrin.gif
enjoy being pampered at MAC,I just did the same thing with my girlfriend last weeknd,we walked out looking like sexy chicas,lol

Latest posts

Back