Hi, from Lilly! Glad to be here. :)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, everyone!!

I found this beauty- talk site and spent a few hours reading your great posts this AM. I was looking to find out if Glossybox USA  has shipped the May boxes yet, read all about you foxes who snared the April giveaway boxes, and decided you are my kind of peeps.
I was also looking for the 411 on returning boxes to LBB. I watched a couple of You Tube vids, totally felt the love, and ended up with 2 of them last weekend. ( I may be the person who was referenced in the " Some gal just opened 2 boxes in 5 minutes". )

, Glossybox isn't here yet, and LBB may or may not stay here when the boxes arrive, LOL, but no biggie,
I'm probably older than most of you.. My first fragrance was " Heaven Sent" which might as well been liquid baby powder ( I quickly graduated to Chanel No. 5 perfume which my mother wore, though)., I remember the original " Gee, your hair smells terrific" shampoo ( now sold on a website for HTF nostalgic items but I never did love it, LOL), and my first makeup brand was Allercreme. That stuff was incredibly good for young, oily, sometimes breaking out skin. Pity it's gone.  

I was watching a YT vid of someone opening a Beauty Army box, I think it was, and being awed and amazed at the full sized spray can of " Pssst" dry shampoo. I remember the original, in a pink and purple can. It was about as exclusive and good as Dawn dishwashing detergent back then ( I can't speak for the current product)..  I  tried to spray Pssst on my hair once when I was in the hospital and unable to wash my hair, which has always been very thick, straight and long. I had temporary gray roots from the powder residue from Pssst! at 19. Now, I have the same gray roots again... if I don't get to my colorist often.  .

I LOVE to try new makeup, skin care, hair and clothing trends within a limit or two. As someone remarked about a famous and very beautiful actress in my age group who was wearing something daring and young- looking- " There are some things a woman 50 years old just shouldn't try".

I totally concur for myself.. Like, I don't wear the black eyeshadow in UD's sets, but I do use black eye pencil on occasion... I don't want to have nail art, just pretty, manicured and polished nails.
Generally, I believe that for everyday, simpler is better in skin care routines, because when the products are top notch, time is pared down. ,In general, I think  that a more natural look shows the beauty in all faces. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Then, there are the times to glam it up or try something edgy.

The products shuold still be good quality, whether trendy or natural or a classicly made up face.. Products which are considered to be classics are classics because they have worked so well for so many women over time.

I've been experimenting a bit with products which are made in small batches, and are certified all organic and natural. Mostly, I've ended up with a jumble of leaky jars and flyaway powders in my dressing room cabinets, LOL.

And I'm running out of space for all the beauty box " stuff".

I NEED this site, and maybe I can help someone else in return. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

In a nutshell, this is my belief system too.. This is a quote from Audrey Hepburn, a truly original American beauty:

“I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.†― Audrey Hepburn

Glad to be here, and thanks for having me,

Lilly

Quote: “I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.†― Audrey Hepburn

Love this!

Hello and welcome to Makeup Talk! I think you'll find that this community of beauty lovers is very fun, friendly, and engaging. Feel free to PM me or any of the other mods if you have any questions about anything. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

11.gif
 Welcome to Makeup Talk! So glad you are here! 
11.gif
 ​
This is a great place to teach, learn and discover new make up ideas, trends and upcoming beauty products!

Some of my favorite places to hang out in are:

Face of the Day Thread - Great place to pick up ideas!

Make Up Tutorial Thread - We have some pretty talented people here and I love watching tutorials!

Nail Talk - I love all things nails and this is a great place for inspiration

Fashion Talk - Clothes and Shoes and Handbags, oh my! Need I say more? 

If you need help or have any question, feel free to send me a private message! 

Hope you enjoy the boards! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

​

Latest posts

Back