Hi - I'm new here!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by KittySkyfish The NW stands for (Cool based, to cancel out Warm) and the NC is (Warm based, to cancel out Cool). Such a bizarre system, but it makes sense from an artist's perspective.
So, if your skintone is warm in nature, you'd compliment your skintone by wearing an NC base. If you wanted to neutralize the warmth and make it more rosy, then go with NW.

I have several Stila CCs: Lillium, Gerbera and Gladiola. Lillium and Gerbera are more opaque: Lillium is a more neutral pink and Gerbera is a very warm pink. Gladiola is definitely on the orange side! Lillium would be a good 1st choice since it's not too warm or cool.

[i need to rephrase: Gladiola is about as opaque as Lillium and Gerbera, but it's not as pale..if that makes sense. The first two have more white in their basetone, which makes the color brighter.]

Girl, you are just FULL of information. Think you'll be helping me out a lot with my product choices from now on!! Thinking of getting a stila CC instead of Nars blush with my GC. Neither brands are available to me so im not sure which would be best. Ive heard SO much about Stila CCin Lillium though & i dont own any cream blushes except another Stila CC i got in a recent swap (cant even remeber name now!)

I've been playing with makeup for a loooong time (my first gloss was back in 1983!). Here's a tip: if you frequently wear face powder, go with the Nars blush. Stila CCs tend to be tough to work with over powder, unless you use a m/u sponge or foundation brush to apply the creme.

Originally Posted by laura127 Girl, you are just FULL of information. Think you'll be helping me out a lot with my product choices from now on!! Thinking of getting a stila CC instead of Nars blush with my GC. Neither brands are available to me so im not sure which would be best. Ive heard SO much about Stila CCin Lillium though & i dont own any cream blushes except another Stila CC i got in a recent swap (cant even remeber name now!)

Back