Hi - I'm new here!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looks like this could be a fun site! Here's some stuff about me:

I love high-end cosmetics and skincare, though I won't begrudge some drugstore stuff. My favorite m/u lines are YSL, Laura Mercier, Awake and NARS and skincare is a mix of Awake and some Philosophy (their scrubs are awsome!).

I also LOVE photography. I've been doing 35mm and just started experimenting with medium-format. Photography is a serious bank-account draining addiction so now I do more window-shopping for m/u than actually buying!!
icon_cry.gif
But, it's always great to spend time in chatrooms finding out what's worth spending money on.

Take care!

Welcome Kitty, glad to have you here. If Ya need any help with hair I'm the chick to ask. Glad you are now added to this great family.

Welcome KittySkyfish!

I'm Julia, moderator for the Skincare and Health & Fitness boards, as well as Editor-in-Chief for the newsletter that goes out every few weeks here at MuT!

We're glad to have you on board! If there's anything you need, feel free to ask!
smile.gif

~Julia

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish Looks like this could be a fun site! Here's some stuff about me:
I love high-end cosmetics and skincare, though I won't begrudge some drugstore stuff. My favorite m/u lines are YSL, Laura Mercier, Awake and NARS and skincare is a mix of Awake and some Philosophy (their scrubs are awsome!).

I also LOVE photography. I've been doing 35mm and just started experimenting with medium-format. Photography is a serious bank-account draining addiction so now I do more window-shopping for m/u than actually buying!!
icon_cry.gif
But, it's always great to spend time in chatrooms finding out what's worth spending money on.

Take care!

Hi KittySskyfish..Happy to have you..If you're worried about bank account drain,you'll have to check out our swap section..Great way to try those highend goodies without breaking the bank..Hope to check out some of your photography work also
smile.gif

Hey YOU! Welcome to MakeupTalk! We have been here since last Sept and here we are!

HOpe you can enjoy all aspect of our site. Make sure you check out the Product Review Center and the Swap Center too~!

Take CARE

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish

Looks like this could be a fun site! Here's some stuff about me:

icon_cry.gif

Take care!

Warm welcome to Makeuptalk! Photographing sound like fun! I do lots of window shopping for makeup too. I love to surf online and look at different makeup.

Hiya, so where did the username come from?? Where you from? I'm from Ireland so its 3.30pm here.. Is it still early where you are??

D'oh! Yeah, I shoulda explained the name. It's my female Siamese cat's name. I also have a male orange tabby boy named Minky Boodle, but I don't think "boodle" has the same panache as "skyfish". Kitty Skyfish just jumped up on my lap as I type!

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish D'oh! Yeah, I shoulda explained the name. It's my female Siamese cat's name. I also have a male orange tabby boy named Minky Boodle, but I don't think "boodle" has the same panache as "skyfish". Kitty Skyfish just jumped up on my lap as I type! LOL!! Cute name.. So girlie, are you a make up junkie too?? What are your fave brands?

Oh, I'm a horrible junkie! I'm enrolled in a 12-step application, I mean recovery program, lol! I love a lot of lines for different reasons, but my mainstay lines are YSL, Awake, Laura Mericer and NARS. I do occasional freelance m/a work for YSL and Awake, and I started freelancing for them because I've been a longtime customer from those lines.

My weaknesses are shadows and blushes! I love to wear bronze, rose, olive and purple e/s shades, though believe me it's very subtle. I'm very fair and tone down my look so it won't overpower my pale skin.

I love neutral lips, though I also do a lot of caramel toned lips (like Chanel Zanzibar). My skintone is more warm so I can pull this off.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

How about you? I see you like MAC! OH, and congrats for doing the 10,000th post!

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish Oh, I'm a horrible junkie! I'm enrolled in a 12-step application, I mean recovery program, lol! I love a lot of lines for different reasons, but my mainstay lines are YSL, Awake, Laura Mericer and NARS. I do occasional freelance m/a work for YSL and Awake, and I started freelancing for them because I've been a longtime customer from those lines.
My weaknesses are shadows and blushes! I love to wear bronze, rose, olive and purple e/s shades, though believe me it's very subtle. I'm very fair and tone down my look so it won't overpower my pale skin.

I love neutral lips, though I also do a lot of caramel toned lips (like Chanel Zanzibar). My skintone is more warm so I can pull this off.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

How about you? I see you like MAC! OH, and congrats for doing the 10,000th post!

Ive only become a junkie in the last year. I LOVE MAC & Shu e/s (although at the mo i only own 1 shu e/s!!) Love blushes too but my craze at the mo is eyeliners.. I'm just loving them! I use YSL Mascara every day (Volume Effet Faux Cils is my HG mascara!). Unfortunately i dont have access to Nars, but i think i'll get something from that collection with my prize!! Any recommendations??

Kittysky! You rock! So funny LOL

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish

D'oh! Yeah, I shoulda explained the name. It's my female Siamese cat's name. I also have a male orange tabby boy named Minky Boodle, but I don't think "boodle" has the same panache as "skyfish". Kitty Skyfish just jumped up on my lap as I type!

Cool! Nars has great blushes and lip lacquers. Of course, the most popular Nars blush in existence is Orgasm, but I really recommend Deep Throat as well. DT is a bit more peachier than Orgasm, but both are closely related in color value. And Lovejoy is a neutral-bronze with some rose undertone shade that would be great for summer. My favorite lacquer is Eros, which is a YLBB rose shade. Not bright or deep, it's super easy to wear. I see you love liners, well DON'T get their liquid liner. Feh. They come in great colors but don't have the coverage a good liquid liner should have.

Originally Posted by laura127 Ive only become a junkie in the last year. I LOVE MAC & Shu e/s (although at the mo i only own 1 shu e/s!!) Love blushes too but my craze at the mo is eyeliners.. I'm just loving them! I use YSL Mascara every day (Volume Effet Faux Cils is my HG mascara!). Unfortunately i dont have access to Nars, but i think i'll get something from that collection with my prize!! Any recommendations??

Cool, thanks for the recs.. Im thinking of getting Torrid. Somebody mentioned recently that it would suit me. Hey and thanks for telling me about the liners coz i prob would have spent the GC on that!!!

I have Torrid and it's a bit too orange for my normal routine. I'm an NC15, if that helps. But, I think Torrid is good for summer because of it's bright tone.

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish I have Torrid and it's a bit too orange for my normal routine. I'm an NC15, if that helps. But, I think Torrid is good for summer because of it's bright tone. I dont know if im an NC or NW (dont know which is which!) coz i dont use MAC foundation but somebody told me that i'd be around a 30/35.. and i'm warm toned.. Have you ever used Stila CC for cheeks??

The NW stands for (Cool based, to cancel out Warm) and the NC is (Warm based, to cancel out Cool). Such a bizarre system, but it makes sense from an artist's perspective.

So, if your skintone is warm in nature, you'd compliment your skintone by wearing an NC base. If you wanted to neutralize the warmth and make it more rosy, then go with NW.

I have several Stila CCs: Lillium, Gerbera and Gladiola. Lillium and Gerbera are more opaque: Lillium is a more neutral pink and Gerbera is a very warm pink. Gladiola is definitely on the orange side! Lillium would be a good 1st choice since it's not too warm or cool.

[i need to rephrase: Gladiola is about as opaque as Lillium and Gerbera, but it's not as pale..if that makes sense. The first two have more white in their basetone, which makes the color brighter.]

Latest posts

Back