Hi there i'm new here

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks whatever you want to ask, do it!! Really what's your name?

Originally Posted by meowchan *bows to Sophias' awsomeness*Thanks a bunch
icon_smile.gif

^^ i'm Lucy..from Glendale CA... that's like.. 15-20 min from LA... meh..

and well i asked all i can right now.. i'll be out to buy some make up later today or tomorrow morning.. i need some good brands
icon_eek.gif
hehee

i have a huge make up kit.. >> that i've had... for like.. a year now.. i think i'll open it tonight and see what's inside.. ^^;

I've never really had much time to spend on make up.. (work and school).. and i think i'm avrage looking so..never really needed it much.. anyway.. thank you for the help

i've had some friends put make up on me.. and i know i look really great with it.. just never learned how to do it in time i guess..

if anyone has any brands to recomend it'll be great..

any help.. and i mean ANY.. will be welcomed.. thank you all..
icon_razz.gif

Hi Lucy, welcome to MUT I'm Lety from L.A. I'm not a makeup person either, just really starting out but you'll find lots of useful info. here and lots of helpful people...so enjoy

Really you will buy some make up products? What exactly you want?

Originally Posted by meowchan ^^ i'm Lucy..from Glendale CA... that's like.. 15-20 min from LA... meh..and well i asked all i can right now.. i'll be out to buy some make up later today or tomorrow morning.. i need some good brands
icon_eek.gif
hehee

i have a huge make up kit.. >> that i've had... for like.. a year now.. i think i'll open it tonight and see what's inside.. ^^;

I've never really had much time to spend on make up.. (work and school).. and i think i'm avrage looking so..never really needed it much.. anyway.. thank you for the help

i've had some friends put make up on me.. and i know i look really great with it.. just never learned how to do it in time i guess..

if anyone has any brands to recomend it'll be great..

any help.. and i mean ANY.. will be welcomed.. thank you all..
icon_razz.gif

i think i'll get a liquid foundation..

a pressed powder thingy ^^;

mascara..

some eye liners..

i have a ton of blush and e/s in my make up box.. >>

and a make up sponge.. for the foundation..

i think that's about all i'd need for start..

i'm still thinking if i should get the lash curler.. i'm scared of using it..
icon_rolleyes.gif

Do you have any particular cosmetic brand that you'll buy these products? I mean you will buy these products from expensive brands or cheepier?

Originally Posted by meowchan i think i'll get a liquid foundation..a pressed powder thingy ^^;

mascara..

some eye liners..

i have a ton of blush and e/s in my make up box.. >>

and a make up sponge.. for the foundation..

i think that's about all i'd need for start..

i'm still thinking if i should get the lash curler.. i'm scared of using it..
icon_rolleyes.gif

well i think i can spend about $200 on it for now.. i mean i don't want really expensive stuff.. and not cheep crap hehee something inbetween would be great..

Well I believe that the face products,foundation and powder, should be good qualities,from brands like Estee Lauder,Dior,Biotherm or Lancome.Eyeliners you can buy from brands like Mac or Stila which are cheepier than the others brands(not too cheep),something between high and low end brands,amd Mac for example has a good color range on their eyeliners and on their eyeshadows.Stila has good color range on their eyeshadows too!!

Originally Posted by meowchan well i think i can spend about $200 on it for now.. i mean i don't want really expensive stuff.. and not cheep crap hehee something inbetween would be great..

^^; well the first time didn't really work much.. i think i had too much blush on to start with.. and basically the liquid foundation worked the most.. i still have to get concealers cuz the foundation didn't really hid the black circles under my eyes.. and i think i need more living colors for my eyes.. the colors i have are too dead..or light..i'll try again and hopefully i'll have a finish i could put online
redface.gif

thank you all for the help ^^

Welcome on board. I am a newbie to this board myself. All the ladies here have been wonderful to me. This is the place to be to learn all about m/u, skincare, etc.

I am another m/u addict
claps.gif

Originally Posted by meowchan ^^; well the first time didn't really work much.. i think i had too much blush on to start with.. and basically the liquid foundation worked the most.. i still have to get soncealers cuz the foundation didn't really hid the black circles under my eyes.. and i think i need more living colors for my eyes.. the colors i have are too dead..or light..i'll try again and hopefully i'll have a finish i could put online
redface.gif
thank you all for the help ^^

Trisha is truly the best!! She is a sweet, honest and talented lady.

Originally Posted by meowchan Hi there ^^ welcome to you too I was just thinking i'll never understand how much of what to put on and was browsing the site when i stumbled on a post.. that Trisha had made https://www.makeuptalk.com/reviews/sh...?usernm=Trisha

...OMG.. *bows to Trisha*.. i'm your slave..
icon_redface.gif
you are so awsome..:icon_love

I'm ganna try to go to M.A.C tomorrow with my gf to get some new eyeshadows.. if anyone has any advice let me know..
icon_redface.gif

i'm so excited about this weeeee...

hehee we'll so far i haven't done too great of a job but i'm improving.. once i get the eye shadows right i'll post some pics up.. still any advice is welcomed.. love ya guys :icon_love

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Did I ever welcome you? sorry! Welcome! wow, i'm honored..
icon_lol.gif

Welcome to MakeupTalk! Good luck with your trip to MAC! I'm sure they will be able to recommend some good colors for you at the store. I'm not too good with recommending MAC eyeshadow colors so sorry can't help.

Back