Hi there i'm new here

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
While browsing for make up tutorials I came across this site, and joined after seeing Trisha’s “Purple Tutorialâ€. Anyhow.. I’m make up clueless so anyone out there who has anything and I mean anything that can help me would be great.. I don’t know the first thing about make up and no I haven’t been living under a rock for the past 20 years
icon_rolleyes.gif

^^ and it's good to be a member
icon_redface.gif

Welcome to MUT! I am Marisol from San Francisco and I look forward to getting to know you.

I think I need make up for dummies
icon_cry.gif

so anything basic would be totally appreciated

Welcome to MakeUpTalk meowchan. I'm Laura from Ireland. If you browse the forums you'll find zillions of threads packed full of really useful information. Oh and check out the review center too! If you've any questions in particular, just shout!

If you need help with anything on the site, just shout
biggrin.gif

welcome to MUT, im monkey from england! its like a family on this forum you wont be dissapointed the girls are lovely, oh and ofcourse our tony!

Welcome to MUT, I'm Sophia from Greece!You can ask us any questions you want about make up!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

hi welcome to mut!!!!yo will love it here,plenty of usefull info and great friends
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Hi, welcome to MUT! I hardly knew anything about makeup when I joined, and I've learned a lot from this site so I'm sure you will too!
smile.gif

Thank you all for the warm welcome, ^^ now I feel like I could ask crazy questions about make up and not be embarrassed about it.. I’ll post again with all my questions and thanks again for the support. :icon_love

well currently i'm looking up foundations, lash curles, llip liners and e/s.. (more like learning what they are and how to use them)
rolleyes.gif

and looking at the chart for sections of the eye that Laura put up. (helpfull btw)

i think i'll try to put on some make up this weekend ..

thank you all for the tutorials they look awsome..

Welcome to MuT !! I'm Janelle from NY - nice to meet you!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

And don't be embarrased to post!! Thats what we're here for!!
smile.gif

Well.. Before I start asking the tons of questions I came up with.. I’ll introduce myself..
icon_redface.gif
I’m Lucy and from Glendale CA.. I’m white, blue eyes, and currently a red head..(natural Brunet)

After looking at foundations at Sephora I was kind of confused, cuz I didn’t know which one to use .. I mean there is liquid, cream and powder foundations., and I have a pretty balanced skin.. Not too oily.. Not too dry.. My second question is.. What’s the difference between loose and pressed powder? and which do you think would work best for me?. What do shine control and concealers do? And last but not least.. Where do I apply the foundation.. I mean cheeks chin… and… I’m lost
icon_cry.gif

Okay.. That’s about all I can think of that confuses me..
confused.gif
I’d appreciate any response and feed back
icon_biggrin.gif

^^; well what do you know.. turns out i don't need foundation..

icon_rolleyes.gif
glad i got one down

I believe that you cannot choose the perfect texture and shade of foundation on your own!You should go to a counter and let the make up artist help you!Really do you have any brands that you like? I see that you have a combination skin,that's good,bcause you can wear any type of foundation!But I believe you should really start with a liquid foundation specially for combo skins!Every brand has foundations for combo skin!Foundation you apply on your forehead,cheeks,nose,chin and on the neck and you blend it with your fingers all over your face smoothly!

Well about the pressed and loose powders,I have both and I believe the difference is more obvious on oily skins,sometimes loose powders are better for oily skins!I think you should start with a pressed powder,it's more practical,you can have it on your bag for some touch ups!With a pressed powder I started too! You should choose a pressed powder specially for combo skins!!Also pressed powder have more coverage than loose powders!

About the concealer now,concealer covers any imperfections you might have like dark circles under your eyes or some pimples on your face you want to cover!You can find it in many textures lke cream or stick! You can apply it before the foundations,some girls apply it after! I apply it before in order to cover up my really dark circles!!

About the shine control,I think you mean a shine control lotion,I don't think is nessecery for you,it's better for oily skins,and you apply it under your foundation in order not to look very shiny!!

I hope I was helpful!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by meowchan Well.. Before I start asking the tons of questions I came up with.. I’ll introduce myself..
icon_redface.gif
I’m Lucy and from Glendale CA.. I’m white, blue eyes, and currently a red head..(natural Brunet)
After looking at foundations at Sephora I was kind of confused, cuz I didn’t know which one to use .. I mean there is liquid, cream and powder foundations., and I have a pretty balanced skin.. Not too oily.. Not too dry.. My second question is.. What’s the difference between loose and pressed powder? and which do you think would work best for me?. What do shine control and concealers do? And last but not least.. Where do I apply the foundation.. I mean cheeks chin… and… I’m lost
icon_cry.gif

Okay.. That’s about all I can think of that confuses me..
confused.gif
I’d appreciate any response and feed back
icon_biggrin.gif

Back