Highlight help

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been growing out my hair for a while and I am ready to cut it and high light it again. I am going to keep the lenght (just going to cut split ends) but I need some suggestions on high lights and colors. Here are some pics that I found. My hair can be describes as curly & wavy at times. Its dark brown and right now it still has some light brown/goldenish high lights. I wear it curly and straight (flat iron). My hair cut will probably have lots of layers to help with the movements of the curls and to give it body when its straight. Please tell me your honest opinion.

5.jpg

kellyclarkson02l.jpg

1918_1614_Alba-Jessica-120703-04-400-lo.jpg

style_14.jpg

Jenniferlopez.JPG

Feel free to add any suggestions.

For the cuts, I like Jessica Alba's & JLo's the best. For color, I think #1 or #4 would be the best for you. JMHO!

I think you should def. get #1, Tiffany-Amber's hair color. That would look perfect on you, no doubt about it!!!

I like that one too, but I still think the first one. When are you getting your hair done???

Originally Posted by jennyb I like that one too, but I still think the first one. When are you getting your hair done??? In the next two weeks or so. I have a wedding that I am going to in Mexico City in about a month so I wanted to get my hair done before going to the wedding so I could play with it to see how I want to wear it.

Here is another question - Is it not ok to get light colored high lights since its almost fall? Should I go darker? Maybe red/burgandy instead of honey colored high lights?

Marisol it depends in what color you look better! If you look better with highloghts then do highlights!! Also if you like leave your hair natural, I mean the wavy,yiu should get a little thicker highlights not too thick and not too thin, otherwise they'll be invisible on you!! If you like to straighten your hair then do thin highlights!!

These highlights I think it would be very nice!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Marisol I also like these...
tat-p005.jpg

Thanks again for the feedback!

I like #1,3,4, & the added pic... personally I really don't like chunky highlights, I think they look to 'striped'. But thats just my opinion, I like natural looking ones better, with a few thicker pieces thrown in there for a little extra oomph
wink.gif

I definetly like the first pic the best. I looked at the picture of you and you seem the have the same natural color and texture as mine. THe only thing different is your skin tone. I always think its best to match your hair tone with your skin tone. I would not just get hightlights on top of dark brown hair. I thinkt the contrast it to stong. Its like black and white. I would get your hair dyed or toned to champagne brown and then get various shades of blonde highlights. Like gold, champagne, dirty blonde and bright blonde. Multitonal is a nice way to go if you can keep up with it

Thanks to all for the feedback! I called to make an appointment so I will let you know when I get them done.

Originally Posted by Marisol Thanks to all for the feedback! I called to make an appointment so I will let you know when I get them done. take pics!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Marisol Here is another question - Is it not ok to get light colored high lights since its almost fall? Should I go darker? Maybe red/burgandy instead of honey colored high lights? I agree that you should do whatever's best for your skin tone.
I really love #4 and also this one...

tat-p005.jpg

I am going in less than an hour to get my hair done. I will try to get my friend to take a picture of it and let you know. YAY... I am so excited.

Originally Posted by Marisol I am going in less than an hour to get my hair done. I will try to get my friend to take a picture of it and let you know. YAY... I am so excited. yay! have fun and definitely try to get a pic chica!

Originally Posted by Marisol I am going in less than an hour to get my hair done. I will try to get my friend to take a picture of it and let you know. YAY... I am so excited. Did you ever post pics of it? lol Did I miss it?
icon_eek.gif

Latest posts

Back