Highlight Help

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am new to this board so let me start by saying Hi...

Ok, so I highlight my hair, it's your typical blonde with blonde highlights, well times are tough and I can't afford to get my highlights done for a while and I have about 2 inches of dark blonde roots, but they are pretty noticeable. What should I do? I have colored my hair on my own before, and I have a hard time getting my hair to not be brassy or turn red. Any suggestions would be helpful, I still want to keep it blonde.

Thanks

Originally Posted by Tessigrl I am new to this board so let me start by saying Hi...Ok, so I highlight my hair, it's your typical blonde with blonde highlights, well times are tough and I can't afford to get my highlights done for a while and I have about 2 inches of dark blonde roots, but they are pretty noticeable. What should I do? I have colored my hair on my own before, and I have a hard time getting my hair to not be brassy or turn red. Any suggestions would be helpful, I still want to keep it blonde.

Thanks

Hi Tessi~ I'm Janelle, from NY - nice to meet you... It's hard to tell you exactly what to use without seeing your hair in person (color/texture/porosity) but if you want to go a little darker to blend your roots... you could try a semi- perm color... in a golden or honey blonde. It's strong enough to give color and to blend with the roots, but it's gentle on your hair, and if you aren't exact matching shades, it won't be as noticable.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Tessigrl Thanks I think I will try that this weekend... Welcome... post pics when you're done
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back