highlighting hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
okay i have a question. i highlighted my friends hair, i applied the bleach to the bottom layers and then worked my way up, by the time i got to the top the bottom streaks were ready to rinse out. i tried applying heat to the top to make them develop faster, but i ended up having to rinse the bottom ones and then the top ones after a few more min of blow drying. what can i do to make it where i can rinse everything at the same time? just use a lower numbered developer? or what do i do?

her hair turned out just fine, she was very happy with the results, but next time it would be easier to just rinse it all at once.

thanks in advace for any help!

Originally Posted by simplykrazy07 okay i have a question. i highlighted my friends hair, i applied the bleach to the bottom layers and then worked my way up, by the time i got to the top the bottom streaks were ready to rinse out. i tried applying heat to the top to make them develop faster, but i ended up having to rinse the bottom ones and then the top ones after a few more min of blow drying. what can i do to make it where i can rinse everything at the same time? just use a lower numbered developer? or what do i do?
her hair turned out just fine, she was very happy with the results, but next time it would be easier to just rinse it all at once.

thanks in advace for any help!

Did you use a cap or do foils?? If you do foils, its easier if you section the hair in 4 parts. From center of forehead to center of neck, and from ear to ear. Plus you have to work very quickly. What level peroxide did you use??

well i was going to use a cap, and after an hour and half of pulling her hair through it i realised it was going to be like 3/4 blonde and 1/4 brunette, which is way more than she wanted, so after all that i just took the cap off then foiled it, i was working as quickly as i could. i used level 30. that probably would of been easier to section it off that way, i just did it in layers.

Originally Posted by simplykrazy07 well i was going to use a cap, and after an hour and half of pulling her hair through it i realised it was going to be like 3/4 blonde and 1/4 brunette, which is way more than she wanted, so after all that i just took the cap off then foiled it, i was working as quickly as i could. i used level 30. that probably would of been easier to section it off that way, i just did it in layers. Yeah - try sectioning next time... then you can just take about an inch piece and weave out what you want to bleach.... and just work your way down. It's a little easier & faster because you won't have hair all over getting in the way
wink.gif

i learned something a friend told me, as your highlighting, spray a lil bit of water or leave in conditioner before you fold up the foil, and it dilutes the bleach and keeps it from developing as quickly, i used this trick when i did my moms hair and it works.

Latest posts

Back