Home made bath bombs

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
http://www.foundationtv.co.uk/f-tips/bathbombs.htmlMy daughter makes me watch these kids shows and is always bugging me to buy bath bombs from Lush. We were watching a tv show today that told us how to make them.

I have got the ingredients and essential oils ready for Sunday afternoon. Thank goodness im being taken out for lunch as it will save a few hours cleaning up.
icon_confused.gif

hi donna,

i have a few tips for you:

mix the oil into the dry ingredients before you add the food coloring. it will help coat the particles so the liquid in the coloring doesnt set off the fizz.

you can substitute table sugar or epsom salts for the cornflour.

you can mix in chopped bits of cocoa butter for a extra moirturizing power.

the mix is moist enough when you crush it in your hand and it keeps the shape of your fingers.

herbs and flowers can be added to the mix.

shot glasses make a nice rounded pyramid shape.

dry the bombs in a low oven for 20 min or so, or let them sit uncovered overnight to dry out.

Wow! How cool that you are going to make these with your daughter. Thanks for the link for the instructions. Now I'm interested in trying to make these.

I've been making these for a couple of years now. I taught my mom and friends how to make them also. They are relatively easy to make, don't cost that much (especially compared to some expensive store bought ones), and are really fun to make.

**These make great christmas presents**

**You can also use soap or candle molds to make really cute shaped bath bombs like you would see at the store

i *finally* located a round mold at hobby lobby. its actually a clear plastic orb to make a christmas ornament filled with stocking stuffer type things, but it has two halves that firmly snap together and is going to be perfect for a bath bomb mold.

Latest posts

Back