Home Schooling

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The homeschooled kids I know, and grew up with, sound like the complete opposite of what you stated. I, too, am totally opposite of that. So I can understand where you're coming from. I had a lot of positive influences from those who had been homeschooled (most graduating college very young) so I never saw much negative outcomes. That's probably why I would strive for larger goals. When I was in college people were amazed to find out I was homeschooled and everyone seemed to have a negative outlook on it. I didn't understand why. I started college at 16 and had no problem with all the tests, class schedules, homework etc.

I worked well for this type of schooling...some don't. I congratulate you on your achievements and that you made it through! I haven't seen that documentary, but I'm definitely going to watch it now. I see so many kids dropping out, or not even finishing, high school here in California and it's depressing. I don't want everyone to be homeschooled, I just want everyone to be better and whatever way it gets them there I applaud.

Originally Posted by Amber204 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just watched the documentary waiting for superman and was enraged at how we fail our children in this country. None the less I think that social interactions everyday are an essential part of school. I was lucky enough to go to private school as my mother noticed I wasn't living up to potential in grade 1... The work load is night and day and I excelled buy leaps and bounds... I definitely would not have been prepared for university otherwise and likely would have been a drop out teen mainly because I would have been bored to tears. 

There are schools called prep schools in each state that you have to get on a waiting list usually but the work load prepares kids from pre school on for university and no preferential treatment is given, I think this is key to learning as much as possible at a young age, and I know you care and want to do this at home but unfortunately I just don't see that result in even the best of home schooled kids, just my opinion but I thought I would put it out there.

Best of luck!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back