Homemade Body Products

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've looked through the threads we have, but I figured they're kinda old so I'd make a new one.

I have an e-tailer I'm "devoted" to, but she hasn't been very nice about replying to my e-mails. She has two products I absolutely love, and I'm too hesitant to try another e-tailer.

So, I'm tempted to just start making my own. Ya know? So, I'm curious as to how many MuTers make their own bath & body products? Do you have any tips/tricks, as well as recipes you'd like to share? What are the best sites to get supplies from? TIA!!!

Thanks Marisol! I knew you said SS did, but I was too lazy to check the thread to find out who you had
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks Marisol! I knew you said SS did, but I was too lazy to check the thread to find out who you had
smile.gif
You are too funny. Yes she sent me some great products so definitely PM her.

i make my lipbalms when i have time, one day i'll make my own bodycream. if you have dry skin, i suggest shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, macadamia oil, beeswax. some people say it's better to mix shea and cocoa butter but i've never tried it. try to get a small whisk to blend all the ingredients (i find mine very useful). make sure you also disinfect all your tools, just by using alcohol or boiled water. i also keep old pots and bottles that i clean and disinfect.

for the supplies, try online shops or healthfood stores.

I make bath and body products....I am a member of a forum for candles, bath & body. Are we allowed to post the name? If so I will gladly do it, like here you will learn alot and find alot of recipes. If I cant post it then send me a pm and I will let you know the name.

Well the only thing homemade I like to do is use sugar and olive oil as a hand scrub when I do my manicures. Those two products at once are the best things that happened to my rough dry hands. If I have time I'll use it all over my body...but usually just store bought fragranced sugar scrubs lol. My cousin makes handmade soaps and she usually makes me a basket full so thats another homemade thing I use. One day I would love to make my own bath salts/bath bombs, my own lotion and lipbalm ect.
policeman.gif

Aloe vera lip gloss is great in the summer to soothe lips that might get sunburned. Mix together 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel, 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil and 1 teasppoon of petroleum jelly. Once these are mixed heat gently over the stove, constantly stirring until appears to be melted. Then simply pour the melted mixture into a lip gloss container or pillbox. Cool completely until the mixture is solid. Take it our of fridge, rub on your lips and enjoy.

Latest posts

Back